OH OH work is ordering Chinese food!!?!?!?!?!?!?

Options
2»

Replies

• mamamc03
    mamamc03 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Dont do the rice....HIGH in calories!! Do the veggies!! the beef/broccoli sounds the safest!!
  • lilbit1961
    lilbit1961 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Don't do it!
  • marriedwith
    marriedwith Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Sizzling rice soup? oh ymmy! and of course watch the sauces if you're watching your sugar! Cashew chicken with brocolli?
  • LoggingForLife
    LoggingForLife Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Shrimp and broccoli, Brown Rice. Stay away from the egg rolls and dumplings!
  • treetop57
    treetop57 Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    Sure enough, non87. My mistake!
  • mindidily
    mindidily Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Haha I am not the person to answer this! I love Chinese food and eat it so infrequently that when I do, I still get friend rice and general tso's chicken. Sometimes an egg roll with it :) I just don't eat the huge portions I used to.
  • jfl613
    jfl613 Posts: 71
    Options
    My weakness is Orange Beef. When I indulge, I have 1.5 C of Orange Beef, with 1/2 C steamed white rice for about 356 calories. I usually start off with 1.5 C of Hot & Sour soup for around 150 calories. Eating the soup first helps control my tendency to overindulge on the rest of the meal.
  • Ohjeezitskim
    Ohjeezitskim Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    my mom always tells me chicken and broccoli w/ white steamed rice ( tender broccoli). It's one of my favorites.
  • BEERRUNNER
    BEERRUNNER Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    UPDATE: I ended up getting Kung Pao chicken XXXX Hot with steamed white rice and NO eggroll!
  • TequillaLover89
    TequillaLover89 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I know egg rolls are bad. What about spring rolls?

I usually get shrimp with mixed veggies and brown rice ((if they have it)) and crab Rangoon ((if I have the extra calories for it aka not drinking that night)) and hot and sour soup ((yummmmmy))

Portion control is key with Chinese food.. Not eating everything on the plate.
  • jfl613
    jfl613 Posts: 71
    Options
    UPDATE: I ended up getting Kung Pao chicken XXXX Hot with steamed white rice and NO eggroll!
    Not a bad choice. You could have done a heck of a lot worse! I hope you enjoyed!! :drinker:
  • seebeachrun
    seebeachrun Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I know it's late but I usually order Szechuan Pork, extra spicy. Lots of veggies and the spicier the better because it fills me up faster. Szechuan chicken is probably even better for you but I like the pork best. Try to get steamed brown rice if you can, if not, avoid the pork fried rice at all costs!
  • stacymama5
    stacymama5 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I eat chinese quite a bit (too often). I always stick with Chicken and Broccoli and string beans. I figure you can't go wrong with vegetables.
  • everytree
    everytree Posts: 127
    Options
    I've got nothing to add other then to say now I want Chinese food!
  • ishallnotwant
    ishallnotwant Posts: 1,210 Member
    Options

This sounds deeeeelicious! I hope you enjoyed it!
  • erby2283
    erby2283 Posts: 13
    Options
    I get chicken and broccoli (spicy so I drink more water) with white rice 95% of the time - unless I am at a buffet!