What keeps you motivated?

Options
I just had a one month slump (since starting at mfp) . I was just wondering how do you stay motivated?? I know once I have a bad day or two its like a slippery slope and soon as I know it Im off and gaining and scared to weigh myself again!

Replies

• eve7166
    eve7166 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    ?
  • Pipergirl2
    Options
    I would love some other opinions also, seem to be on a 2 week slump myself...need to get fired up again but not sure how.
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    The mirror :smile:

That and I'm pretty stubborn and bull headed. Yep, I admit it.
  • vabrewer33
    vabrewer33 Posts: 185
    Options
    The image in the mirror should be enough to make me do a 180 but my love of food overrules and I struggle with that every.single.day :/
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options
    For the diet, its eating healthy as can be to set a good example for my children and to help so that I can stay around as long as they want me.

For exercise, its hate, hurt and rage.
  • SteveO5198
    Options
    Do you have any friends or family that are making this journey with you? I've tried to do this alone before and have failed miserably!! Luckily, I have my best friend getting healthy with me. There is no way I could do this without her. :)
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    You will have good days, you will have bad days. They happen to everyone! It's all about choosing the right path for you. Staying motivated is always the hardest part! Focus on your goals, and why you want to lose the weight. They should be your main source of motivation! Take pictures! Remind yourself where you came from. Save a "fat" outfit, and try it on every few months, and see how much smaller you truly are.
  • JanetLM73
    JanetLM73 Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    I went out and bought a new pair of jeans the other day, a couple sizes smaller. That keeps me motivated. I have a bigger pair hanging up in my closet to remind me every single day.
  • beckylawrence70
    beckylawrence70 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    It's just become a lifestyle for me at this point, like waking up and going to sleep........
  • stunningalmond
    stunningalmond Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    The image in the mirror should be enough to make me do a 180 but my love of food overrules and I struggle with that every.single.day :/

I could have wrote this myself!!
  • kellybean14
    kellybean14 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    what keeps me motivated is knowing how angry i get with myself when i DON'T stick with it. the guilt i feel way overwhelms the annoyance i feel in consistently monitoring food/exercise.
  • lambertj
    lambertj Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    I want it so bad this time around. All the other times I only did it till it was "good enough" and then stopped but this time I want it all and being that I'm 46 I'm worried that this is my last chance to get it
  • simple82
    simple82 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    My progress so far!
  • Fourmenandalady28
    Options
    One, my body. I started out 63 pounds heavier and my knees were soooo big they looked like moon pies. My legs reminded me of the yellow parking stumps. My thighs would rub raw walking from my car to my office. I can't go back to that. I tell myself that nothing I can put in my mouth is better than the way that I feel now about myself. I love that my self-esteem has improved, my body, my mind just my overall self.
  • FormerTurboKicker
    Options
    Comin on here n meetin awesome people keep me goin.Some of ya'll make me lmao n some gimme motivational words.All n all,ya gotta do n not think about doin....just do it! :drinker: oops.....:noway: hee hee hee.
  • RedVelvetCurls
    RedVelvetCurls Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I catch my own reflection on my bedroom window when I'm getting changed, and I'm literally like "... ew."
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    I troll through the success stories with pics those people look so fantastic. Also I have a couple of amazing friends on here that give me a boost when I need it. It is hard to keep going, I am lazy and would find it so easy to slip back. But I just keep trying with my food even if I don't excercise much.
  • Nikkei24
    Nikkei24 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I just have to keep pushing myself. And everytime i fall off or slack i push myself to get back onto it. I'm doing it for me.
  • gwenmf
    gwenmf Posts: 888 Member
    Options

Thank you for posting that. The mirror WAS motivational, but I still struggled.....and am starting over.........appreciate your honesty.
  • kpittman0612
    Options
    My family decided to get fit together so it's me, my mom, brother, and Sister in Law. My husband is an Ex Marine so he works out like crazy and about 80% of the time makes healthy food choices. It's good to surround yourself with motivating people but if you don't have someone to physically be with you to do that you always have US! :)

It's a struggle but just remember your "WHY" and repeat it to yourself over and over again when you are wanting to quit during your workout or when you see something you know you shouldn't eat.