jdm120
jdm120 Posts: 54 Member
....knows that;

- mommy does "upperkizes" (exercises)
- mommy runs
- mommy goes to the gym
- mommy goes to the gym with Gemma
- mommy sweats

I think every child should know about exercise from a young age. Every child should know it makes you feel good.

I am trying to set an example for her. She makes me so proud - I hope I can do the same for her someday.

Replies

• jenelizmin
    jenelizmin Posts: 47 Member
    That's great! My 12 year old is pretty aware and plays sports, but my 5 yr old is realy into it. He is always asking if things are healthy and talks about running to "get strong". I'm working on my 2yr old now.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    And I think seeing parents leading an active lifestyle sets a really good example for them too, they see that it's not just kids who play soccer, ride bikes and have fun.
  • Ohjeezitskim
    Ohjeezitskim Posts: 129 Member
    Awe, that's great! When I have kids I want them out and active, not sitting in front of the TV or computer all day!
  • MeeshKB
    MeeshKB Posts: 120 Member
    Love this. If my 2.5 year old daughter sees me in a tank top she says, "Are you exercising, Mommy?" Her twin brother lays down in the bathtub, pretends he's swimming, and says, "I'm exercising like Mommy!".

I love that they are seeing this in me and feeling good about it.
  • Eureka175
    Eureka175 Posts: 77 Member
    My 3 & 6 year old come to the gym with me (the clubcare takes them to the gymnasium as well) - set up obstacle courses at home for us to do, do a kids exercise video, go hiking, for bike rides, swimming and can't wait for soccer season to start:) They love to move - and I hope it continues as they get older....
  • jnh17
    jnh17 Posts: 838 Member
    Baby lunges. He insists! He's 2 also.

fw6d1l.jpg
  • MzMandi1025
    MzMandi1025 Posts: 78 Member
    I take my 3 year old daughter to the gym with me at least 4 days a week. She loves the kids club there & they have enough open space for them to run around. One morning I woke up as she was attempting to put her shoes & socks on me. I asked what she was doing & she says, "It's time to go to the gym."
  • DietingMommy08
    DietingMommy08 Posts: 1,345 Member
    As we walk home from school every day my 3 year old tells me

" I wanna exercise with you mom"

and when I dont get right up and do it at home he reminds me. :happy:
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    excellent!!

Little victories in child-rearing!

I'll share with you what happened one day last year when I went to pick the kids up from VBS one afternoon. I was walking up to the church (as were a lot of moms), and the kids were all clustered outside talking. I was close enough to hear my son say to another kid, while pointing at me, "that's my mom right there. the sweaty one. she's always like that".

ugh, but . . . ya.
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,953 Member
    Our whole family does taekwondo together (dad all the way down to the 7 year old who started when she was 5). We also do bike rides, walks, hikes, etc. I work out at home so I have a little gym set up in the garage and they all know not to bug me when I'm out there. Occasionally the younger three will decide to do a workout but mostly they get kicked outside to play. My oldest (who will be 18 next week! eek!) does P90X with me and like me is on her third round. I set an example, sign them up for activities, encourage active things that they enjoy and make sure they have opportunities. I don't treat exercise like a negative thing we must do. I enjoy it and they know it. Most of the things I ask for for gifts are fitness related.
  • imthelobster
    imthelobster Posts: 179 Member

fw6d1l.jpg

That is adorable!
  • jdm120
    excellent!!

Little victories in child-rearing!

I'll share with you what happened one day last year when I went to pick the kids up from VBS one afternoon. I was walking up to the church (as were a lot of moms), and the kids were all clustered outside talking. I was close enough to hear my son say to another kid, while pointing at me, "that's my mom right there. the sweaty one. she's always like that".

ugh, but . . . ya.

Love it!
  • jdm120

fw6d1l.jpg

Super cute!
  • campi_mama
    campi_mama Posts: 350 Member
    My 17 month old stands next to me and (tries to) mimic moves. So cute watching her do arm circles during my Ripped in 30 workout lol. My 7 & 3 yr old try to work out with me too. I ♥ it! We go hiking too and they do great. Instilling healthy activity habits is so important to me.
  • That great! My oldest daughter will be two in july and she does squats and kicks with me! It so cute! Also its pretty annoying because its actually working for her, shes got way less dimples and rolls on her legs then she did a few months ago! I wish I could say the same thing about me! haha
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    And I think seeing parents leading an active lifestyle sets a really good example for them too, they see that it's not just kids who play soccer, ride bikes and have fun.

This totally!
  • AlayshaJ
    AlayshaJ Posts: 703 Member
    We have a routine "Muscle show" after dinner. Where we all flex and yell "AHHHG MUSCLES!"

She also does crunches and tries to do push ups. She knows what exercise is and she knows that I run and can tell when I am getting dressed to go to the gym. If I ever do a video at home she tries to mimic the moves and tells me "YOU CAN DO IT" Heh Heh.

*She is also two!