Heart rate monitor or ChaLean Extreme?

Options
So I have an extra $100...or at least $100 I think I can get away with spending ;) I have been eyeing a Polar heart rate monitor (FT4), but have also been antsy to explore fitness videos outside of the Jillian Michaels ones I have. I think they're hurting my knees and I hear ChaLean Extreme isn't as bad on them. We're saving up for a family vacation, so I don't want to go too crazy and get both. I suppose I could be really good and save the money for vacation too. What would you do...heart rate monitor, ChaLean, or save it?

Replies

• alaina216
    alaina216 Posts: 103
    Options
    I say...get the HRM :) Just got my Polar FT4 2 weeks ago and love it!! BONUS : there WAS a sale at bodytronics.com for the polar HRM's and with shipping was only $61.88, so I say get the HRM and save the other $40 for the vacation :) Hope the sale is still on :-)
  • westcoastredhead
    Options
    I totally agree with getting the HRM, I LOVE my HRM, it really helps me stay focused at a work out, and I love having a relatively accurate idea of what I am burning , for me it makes my workout seem more 'real' if that makes any sense!? lol

nicole
  • sassytwo
    sassytwo Posts: 19
    Options
    Thank you all! Just got the HRM from bodytronics. Thanks for that lead, Alaina! Loved that sale! How long did it take to get it? Hoping the new "toy" will keep me from getting bored ;)
  • 5Btieden
    5Btieden Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    So glad I searched the boards before I went to order!! Thanks for the tip at bodytronics :) It was even cheaper than Amazon...yay! Now mine will be on the way too :)
  • alaina216
    alaina216 Posts: 103
    Options
    Very Welcome everyone :)