I need more friends ..I'm stuck :P

Options
I need more friends for support. I try to encourage my friends as much as possible as well ..below is a bit of my dilema :P

I lost 44 pounds in 2010/2011 , went down from 229 to 185 , I was so happy with my appearence. The new clothes were fitting me nicely . I enjoy looking at my new torso and my defined shoulders , colar bone and etc... I felt so sexy and accomplish. Then I moved to a new place , My routine changed and now I'm not in control of the grocery shopping for I'm in a foreing country I kinda have to eat what is available. I try however to eat healthy. Can't really work out like I used to though.

So I have not lost any weigh in the last 6 months. At first I thought that it was bc they found I had cyst on my ovaries and my hormones were playing againts me . Had a check up and Doctor said I'm clear I don't have cyst anymore...so I should be able to lose weight like I have in the past smoothly.

I'm still 185-188 I go up and down and now I felt like I'm 229 all over again .
Like I'm stuck like I was back then , That I look horrid like I saw myself back then . People just remind me that I'm big and are surprised to know I was even bigger at one point. I have lost motivation. And lately I have turned to food for comfort ..I fear in no time I'll weight 200 again.

Replies

• DanyelRae
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up! Whenever I'm feeling unmotivated, I listen to the Jillian Michaels podcast. They're free to download and she is so knowledgeable! When you listen to Jillian and her producer, Janice, it makes you feel like they're your friends too! Ok, can I just be honest with you here...there is no excuse for not exercising! You can go for walks and explore your new country! Or buy a jumprope or just jog in place. I do Insanity and all the exercises don't take up that much room and you use your own body weight. You say you're not in control of grocery shopping...does someone else do it for you? Cut out the processed junk and eat natural foods! If you feel out of control, that may be why you are turning to food for comfort. Maybe keep a journal of your emotions. You didn't say why you moved...your choice or someone else? You have to let your emotions out or they will fester and you will turn to something destructive (like overeating) to cope. Don't be too hard on yourself! You've done it before you can do it again! :)
  • Margentine
    Margentine Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up! Whenever I'm feeling unmotivated, I listen to the Jillian Michaels podcast. They're free to download and she is so knowledgeable! When you listen to Jillian and her producer, Janice, it makes you feel like they're your friends too! Ok, can I just be honest with you here...there is no excuse for not exercising! You can go for walks and explore your new country! Or buy a jumprope or just jog in place. I do Insanity and all the exercises don't take up that much room and you use your own body weight. You say you're not in control of grocery shopping...does someone else do it for you? Cut out the processed junk and eat natural foods! If you feel out of control, that may be why you are turning to food for comfort. Maybe keep a journal of your emotions. You didn't say why you moved...your choice or someone else? You have to let your emotions out or they will fester and you will turn to something destructive (like overeating) to cope. Don't be too hard on yourself! You've done it before you can do it again! :)

Thanks for the tip , I will check out Jillians podcast . Yeah someone else does the grocery shopping for an entire family and meals are cooked for the whole family..they are oily at times .some other times they are ok ..
    It was my choice I'm here just for a few months. Walking around here is not safe at times but You are right there ir no excuse for not exercising..I was doing turbo fire but since there was no weigh loss I got discourage , I just need to lose another 40 at least.
    This is the first time in my journey that I feel so uggh..But thank you so much for your advice and encouragement.!:flowerforyou:
  • smariere
    smariere Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me!

You might try using the Nike training club app/ site as well. It has a ton of workouts that you can do in a relatively small space, and a lot of them simply use your body weight!
  • mom2zsquared
    Options
    feel free to add me as well.

I could have written this exact post, except for the living in a foreign country part, including the weights. For me, I know changing my workout routine can help. Can you access youtube for Zumba or dance classes?
  • mari5283
    mari5283 Posts: 28
    Options
    Feel free to add me! =)