Stomach pain should = motivation. Right??

Options
Ok, I've had the worst 2 weeks ever. I just can't seem to get back on track. I eat really well until after lunch then can't seem to stop stuffing my face with everything in sight. I've woken up three times now with crazy stomach pains. You'd think that would be motivation enough to stop eating bread and cereal like it's the last time I'll ever see it, yet still I can't get myself back on the wagen.

I'm struggling guys. I had set a goal for myself and I don't see me reaching it by my birthday in June. I'm super frustrated with myself. 15 lbs by June feels out of reach, especially if I can't get back on track. Help!!! I need some guidance.

Replies

• lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    Get those foods you can't resist out of your house! The pain sounds like you might have a sensitivity to something. That should be encouragement to avoid it in the future, but I know it frequently isn't! I'm the same way. Get everything put away. Eat more fiber and more protein earlier in the day to help keep you full longer, so you don't go hungry more than a short while.
    Hunger means you need to eat. But you don't get to eat everything! Portion things out for yourself, so that you don't eat the whole bag by accident!
  • Musikelektronik
    Musikelektronik Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Protein early in the day is a good suggestion. But also make sure you're drinking enough water. The body sometimes confuses hunger with thirst. In other words, you think you're hungry, but you're really thirsty.

So next time, instead of that bowl of Cheerios, try having some water. If you still feel like eating the Cheerios 20 minutes after drinking the water, rid your house of Cheerios. :smile:

Also, I find that cravings do pass after a few minutes. When you get a craving, just do something else for awhile. It'll pass.
  • mermx
    mermx Posts: 976
    Options
    Hi hun :-)
    Sounds like you are realy struggling.

15lbs by June isn`t unrealistic but you need to just get yourself to a better place with your diet right?

Sounds to me like maybe you have a `gluten` problem with the bread and cereal..so I know this is going to be really hard...but maybe try to have a protein breakfast. Maybe some eggs/ham then mid morning snack of fruit for carbs?

Lunch try some more protein..chicken/pork etc with some veg?

I honestly think your stomach pain is the wheat ...try to fill up with protein...you will feel fuller for longer and then you can move on from there
  • Anyanut
    Anyanut Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I always have protien for breakfast, and try to eat high protien/low carb. The problem is not hunger so much as self control. I've been tested for gluten intolerance so that's all good, I think I'm just overloading my system. thanks for the suggestions guys. Also, I'm so freaking sick of chicken breasts for lunch and supper, I might just need some variety. I know all the right stuff to do, I'm just stuggling getting it done...
  • Musikelektronik
    Musikelektronik Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    I always have protien for breakfast, and try to eat high protien/low carb. The problem is not hunger so much as self control. I've been tested for gluten intolerance so that's all good, I think I'm just overloading my system. thanks for the suggestions guys. Also, I'm so freaking sick of chicken breasts for lunch and supper, I might just need some variety. I know all the right stuff to do, I'm just stuggling getting it done...

You don't need to eat chicken breasts all the time. A calorie is a calorie. Mix it up a bit! :smile:
  • pclarinetto
    pclarinetto Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    i put all of the candy/chocolate in my house into a bag and gave it to a friend to hide from me. i'm starting a 30 day no candy/chocolate thing because that is what i want to eat every freaking moment. it kills my calorie/fat/sugar intake for the day and that ticks me off which makes me eat more candy. *shudder*

i would suggest the same. get rid of anything that would tempt you that wouldn't be good for you. that's the easiest thing you can do. and i agree with aschepler, you can eat whatever you want just plan accordingly and be willing to put in the work!

good luck!!
  • Mads1997
    Mads1997 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    The only way I can keep my hands off the bad stuff is not to buy it in the first place. I have a real sweet tooth for lollies but I can't stop at just a couple I would eat the whole darn pack so now I just don't go near that isle in the grocery shop then I'm not tempted.