Need help reaching my daily calorie goal!!!

Options
sippy78
sippy78 Posts: 17 Member
I have reached my goal weight and have done very well with losing the weight. But have found out now it is hard to eat a whole lot more to maintain. I workout 6 days a week doing P90X and I burn in between 400 to 800 calories doing the workout. My goal now is to add some muscle. I really do not want to add protein shakes. Anyone have any great ideas? I am 5'9" , 163 lbs. I started at 200 lbs. I guess I am looking for some good ideas for snacks between my meals. My food diary is open to the public. So look around. Thanks so much for the help!

Replies

• sippy78
    sippy78 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Sorry 2300 is my daily goal without adding what I burn.
  • Coco_Puff
    Coco_Puff Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    I roast peanuts in the shell and eat 20 as a serving. Also, p-nut butter on apple slices is good,but I have to tell ya, I'd never get all my calories in without my protein shake. Plus they say, you should have one right after your workout for best results. Good luck!
  • mpizzle421
    mpizzle421 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Blue Diamond almonds... 170 calories per 28g

guacamole... healthy fat 100-150 calories

Blue Tortilla Chips (I like the spicy variety) 11-14 chips for 140-150 calories depending on the serving (goes great with the guac, making for a good 250-300 cal snack)

Use more Olive Oil in your cooking...

Nice whole grain bread (not the cheapy .99 cent junk) usually 100 calories and tons of fiber per slice. Combine with a 4-6oz chicken breast or eye of round steak (250-350 calories), + cheese (80-100 calories), and mayo (45-90 calories)...

Almond/peanut butter...

so many tasty options...
  • reennyc
    reennyc Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I buy egg whites in the carton and make scrambled egg whites after a workout.
  • SuffolkSally
    SuffolkSally Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Looking at your diary - very easy. Whole milk, whole eggs, cheese, butter. Nuts. Dress salads with interesting oils; olive of course, but also, chilli, sesame, lemon, walnut - mix with lemon juice. This also good for adding flavour and interest to steamed or roasted vegetables. Avocados. Fish such as salmon, tuna, mackerel...
  • muchacho
    Options
    I have a question. Which phase are you on in P90X. I am on phase 1, and while i actually would like to skip it (being 5.9. and around 160 lbs) everyone says to not to skip phase one entirely.

Thing is, reaching my calorie goal which according to the book is 2400 while eating 50% Protein 30% Carbs and 20% Fat is annyoingly hard and borderline impossible.

thanks