What's your dream Grilled Cheese sandwich?

Options

Replies

• sullykat
    sullykat Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I've had a dream for a few years now to open my own grilled cheese shop. I think she might be only ever be a dream at this point.
  • glacier81
    glacier81 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    French Onion Soup Grilled Cheese!!!

1 yellow onion
    Pinch of thyme
    Pinch of flour
    Salt & pepper
    2-3 ounces beef stock
    ½ -1 ounce sherry
    ½ cup shredded cheese...gruyere or I use provolone
    2 slices French bread
    Butter

Caramelize the onions in a spoonful of butter. Sprinkle with flour and thyme and mix in. Add Sherry and reduce down until it is soaked in to the onions. Add beef stock, salt, & pepper and continue to reduce. Butter bread, pile with onions and shredded cheese. Fry both sides until golden brown
  • Stardiva37
    Stardiva37 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    You look awesome..what did you do?
  • grumpy2day
    grumpy2day Posts: 212
    Options
    Brie and x-sharp white cheddar with mixed mushrooms, onions and tomato on country style bread...dang, now I'm drooling.
  • mandi2r
    mandi2r Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    the craziest i get with grilled cheese is " grilled tomato and cheese"
    <- not very creative and who wants to ruin a perfectly good grilled cheese :laugh:

That is my idea for a perfect grilled cheese.. Something about the natural juice of a tomato that makes that sandwich yummmy!!
  • JamCubeChi
    JamCubeChi Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Some of the posts sounds really good. This may sound very weird but it is very good. Just plain grilled cheese, yellow american cheese on white bread then add grape jelly ( I know, I said it would sound streange but it is really very good!)
  • Wouga
    Wouga Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Buffalo chicken and blue cheese! French bread with buffalo chicken, blue cheese dressing, cream cheese, and blue cheese crumbles all mixed together inside...so not diet friendly, but oh so yummy!
  • 6566tess
    6566tess Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Now I am hungry! There are some great ideas for sandwhiches that I will have to try. I love Peanut butter and cheese grilled :)
  • 69Greer
    69Greer Posts: 36
    Options
    There is a butcher's shop across the street from my office with a small dine-in area. They serve a grilled pimento cheese sandwich with the thickest slices of hickory smoked bacon I have ever had. Pimento cheese didn't sound good to me but when a friend insisted I try it (he was buying) I had it and it was from the beyond. The bread was remarkable for it's texture and taste but I can't remember the type.
  • jenalderman
    jenalderman Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    bump to try....well..... ALL of them!! Healthy is overrated....LOL.
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options
    An amazing desert grilled cheese is to use a sweetbread with beaumont cheese, slices of caramelized apples or pears and candied walnuts or pecans. YUM
  • L33TBl0nde
    L33TBl0nde Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    ... My weakness is sour cream and onion chips... Could eat till I exploded
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    Call me old fashioned but I'd just like a plain grilled cheddar cheese sandwich on white bread topped with a large pepperoni pizza.
  • ChelSleeve
    ChelSleeve Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Wheat Bread with garlic butter spread
    Ricotta Cheese/Garlic mixture spread on inside of bread
    Sharp Cheddar Cheese
    Chopped Broccoli
    Shredded Chicken
  • MegRuthie
    MegRuthie Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    ...simple. the way mama used to make it.

Texas toast, butter spread on the entire area of the outside of the bread, good 'ol american singles, and the perfect brown on either side.

..served of course with tomato soup (with elbow noodles in it). Of all the things she makes, thats what I ask for when I visit home!
  • Godzlilgirl
    Godzlilgirl Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    any cheese i love camembert, brie, feta but find food really hard to enjoy without some cheese each day:sad:
  • bigredhearts
    Options
    tillamook butter (local), wonderbread and tillamook cheese (also local). grilled together to create a buttery, cheesy sandwich. im relatively easy to please :smile:
  • MMKE4ever
    MMKE4ever Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I like my grilled cheese sandwich with whole wheat bread, mozzarella cheese, pepperoni, and Avocado. YUM! :love:

200410252138036225.jpg
  • mrscruikshank
    mrscruikshank Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    BUMP. GOTTA READ THESE AFTER WORK! :)
  • sngnyrslp
    sngnyrslp Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Rye bread, tons of butter, swiss cheese, american cheese, crispy bacon. and a pickle on the side!
    now I'm very hungry!