Favorite brand of almond milk?

Options
I want to buy almond milk, but I thought I'd check w/ everyone here first. Are there different amounts of fat & sugar in different ones? Which do you all prefer for taste and nutrition? I appreciate it :)

Replies

• wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    Unsweetened blue diamond. Yes there's different amounts - they add sugar, flavoring, etc.
  • lshaw12302
    Options
    unsweetened blue diamond vanilla 40 calories for a cup and makes cereal and smoothies very tasty
  • thinnerisstronger
    thinnerisstronger Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I just get the unsweetened vanilla. Don't remember the brand. Usually just whatever's on sale!
    Sometimes I buy the sweetened chocolate kind and warm it up in the microwave for a treat. 170 calories if I remember right (45 for the unsweetened but it's not nearly as tasty).
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    Silk Unsweetened Original. 35 calories per cup, and I find it to be much creamier than the Blue Diamond varieties.
  • skinnylion
    skinnylion Posts: 213
    Options
    Blue Diamond is good. I like their original and unsweetened, but I think the original (60 calories/cup) would probably be better to drink out of a glass. I only use it to microwave my oatmeal with, so it doesn't make a HUGE difference and I don't mind the less-sweet unsweetened (40 calories/cup) version.

There's also flavored kinds like vanilla. You should just see what you like.
  • ohmisskelly
    ohmisskelly Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I really like the unsweetened Silk almond milk. I usually add a packet of Truvia for sweetness. :)
  • BJPCraig
    BJPCraig Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    My wife and I do the unsweetened vanilla 365 Whole Foods store brand. We used to use Blue Diamond Almond Breeze, but the nutrition is the same and it's a little cheaper (especially if you buy it by the case and get the 10% discount).
  • UrbanRunner81
    UrbanRunner81 Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    i like trader joes
  • castaliavt
    castaliavt Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    homemade!
  • djkymba
    djkymba Posts: 174
    Options
    I'm with the unsweetened vanilla crowd, but I'm not as choosy, I buy whole foods organic if I can, then blue diamond or even silk.
  • 4stephklug
    4stephklug Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I'll mostly be using it in my coffee & oatmeal instead of skim milk. I really don't like powder creamers and I do not like oatmeal w/o milk. I'll check em out :)
  • zellagrrl
    zellagrrl Posts: 439
    Options
    Unsweetened Silk almond. Delicious.
  • terri0527
    terri0527 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    blue diamond unsweetened vanilla
  • cjalexander
    cjalexander Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I love blue diamond :-)
  • LeoQuin
    LeoQuin Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    SILK ALMOND UNSWEETENED ALL DAY!
    I LOVE MILK, MY WEAKNESS!
  • sailorsiren13
    Options
    SoDelicious Plus Vanilla the Plus is extra Protein it's amazing!!!
  • txbutterfly69
    txbutterfly69 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Blue Diamond Almond Coconut Blend 60 calories regular or 45 calories unsweetened (1 cup)
  • missyissy35
    Options
    Personally i love the Almond Breeze unsweetend.
  • atomiclauren
    atomiclauren Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    I like the Blue Diamond almond coconut blend but I haven't seen it in my regular grocery store lately :(

Otherwise, locally we have a store brand (H-E-B, for those in Texas) unsweetened vanilla that's pretty good (40 calories/cup like most others).
  • BlowYourMind
    Options
    OMG Silk is the bomb! Love it and it's creamy... :)