Whole wheat pasta

Options
Last night I tired whole wheat pasta as something different. I was suprised how good it was, I was afraid that it would have to much of a whole wheat taste to it but it didn't. My husband even liked it and its hard to find healthy food that he will eat. We also used an organic pasta sauce that was really good. I was finally able to eat pasta and not go over. Just wanted to share that with you.

Replies

• mrshamm
    mrshamm Posts: 62
    Options
    Last night I tired whole wheat pasta as something different. I was suprised how good it was, I was afraid that it would have to much of a whole wheat taste to it but it didn't. My husband even liked it and its hard to find healthy food that he will eat. We also used an organic pasta sauce that was really good. I was finally able to eat pasta and not go over. Just wanted to share that with you.
  • BlazinEmerald
    Options
    Whole wheat pasta is GOOD , and I find I like the nast better than normal Pasta. It has a lil added .... something. Anyway another Pasta sauce I like is Healthy Choice Garlic lovers 50 cal for 1/2 cup of sauce not too bad :smile:
  • niamhb
    niamhb Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Has anyone tried the wheat and gluten free pasta? I can't have wheat, eggs or dairy, along with other foods because I have IBS and I loooovvvveee my pasta!but not sure if I want to pay €4 for a packet of it if its not nice?
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,784 Member
    Options
    Haven't tried gluten free, but I'm sure someone has.

My favorite brand is Bella Terra WW.
  • cajunforfun
    Options
    One of the recommendations in Coach Carmicheals' books for cyclists is to cook the pastes Al Dente (firm). That helps to slow the digestion and smooth the blood sugar spike from pastas. Using Olive Oil (or other health fats) will also help smooth out (slow) the digestion and make you feel full longer.