In DEPERATE need of some Meal/Recipe advice!!! PLS!!

Options
Hello all my fellow MFPers :tongue: !!

I am tired of eating the same old thing all the time and this diet thing is killing me!! I am eating all the stuff they say fish, chicken, eggs blah blah blah....but when it comes down to it I STILL am having LOTS of Cals. left at the end of the day I need to intake about 1660 cals....

I am looking for some inexpensive recipes that are high in cals but GOOOD PPAALLLEESSEE HEEEELLP thanks in advance!!!

Replies

• trysha1231
    trysha1231 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Have you added beans and peanut butter to your diet )not necessarily together lol :tongue: )? How about a good whey protein shake or oatmeal?
    You and I are on about the same calorie goals. If you want to look at my food log the code is 1231.
    With what I am eating I am also staying in a good ratio for my Carbs, Protein and Fat.
    Good luck!
  • Kbritske09
    Kbritske09 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I find that if I make the staple meat (chicken, fish, beef) anyway I want and load up with different veggies you can pretty much make any recipe. Mrs. Dash works wonders for adding different flavors. Go to bettycrocker.com that site has easy recipes and has a section for healthy eating.
  • janeite1990
    janeite1990 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I go through phases like this, too. I like changing up my grains and legumes (quinoa, red lentils, brown lentils, brown rice) and the way I cook things. To change the method, I use different spices and things like red onion, yellow onion, green onion, mushrooms, garlic, red bell peppers, yellow bell peppers (I don't like the green ones), green chilis, diced tomatoes. Combining this stuff different ways makes a difference. It also keeps me from getting bored cooking it.
  • Jljones2787
    Options
    Oops, didn't read the post thoroughly, sorry!
  • mexy04
    mexy04 Posts: 96
    Options
    Hello all my fellow MFPers :tongue: !!

I am tired of eating the same old thing all the time and this diet thing is killing me!! I am eating all the stuff they say fish, chicken, eggs blah blah blah....but when it comes down to it I STILL am having LOTS of Cals. left at the end of the day I need to intake about 1660 cals....

I am looking for some inexpensive recipes that are high in cals but GOOOD PPAALLLEESSEE HEEEELLP thanks in advance!!!

I found a 10 day meal plan in the abs issue of Oxygen mag for this month and the grocery list only cost me $200...I know that sounds like alot but I have plenty of food for two weeks and food for my bf. Theirs one for sculpting abs and one for fat loss if their is more than 15 pounds to lose.
  • Denjo060
    Denjo060 Posts: 1,008
    Options
    I have a lot of recipes in my recipe file that I can send you if you want I also do a healthy recipe of the week for work I can send them to you every week if you would like If you add me as a friend I can send them to you I love to cook and I have found ways to make really fattening stuff healthy.
  • SuffolkSally
    SuffolkSally Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Could you open your diary? Much easier to advise if we can see what you're currently having.
  • Wendysworld13
    Wendysworld13 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I will often look at cooking light magazine - buy a subscription - lots of fantastic options all with reduced calorie methods. I also make sure I add one treat each day - it keeps me from feeling deprived or completely falling off the wagon. One of my favorite treats is an Equate Ultra chocolate weight control shake - Walmart brand. High Protein, High fiber - tastes YUMMY!.. Put in blender if you want more flavor with a banana or some peanut butter and ice! Good Luck
  • SuffolkSally
    SuffolkSally Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I have a lot of recipes in my recipe file that I can send you if you want I also do a healthy recipe of the week for work I can send them to you every week if you would like If you add me as a friend I can send them to you I love to cook and I have found ways to make really fattening stuff healthy.

I'd quite like those too please! I can send you some in exchange too ;)
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    This week I did southwestern sloppy joes which are always a favorite...

1 lb ground turkey (extra lean)
    1 red pepper, diced
    1 green pepper, diced
    1 yellow onion, diced
    9 mushrooms, diced
    8 jalapenos, diced (optional if you like spicy)
    1 can tomato paste
    1 packet sloppy joe seasoning

Sautee veggies in 1 tablespoon olive oil until soft. Prepare sloppy joes according to directions on seasoning packet. Mix veggies in to finished sloppy joes and simmer 5 minutes before serving. I like to bulk it up with lots of veggies. I serve it on a bun for my husband. I sometimes skip the bun if I am short on calories.
  • HelpWanted220
    HelpWanted220 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys for all the info. I will be taking it in!!! I love the support on this site :flowerforyou: