Loving my progress after 9 months!

killagb
killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
I used to be about 25lbs heavier last July and really NEVER exercised or did a whole lot of activity. I work at a desk job as well..so this wasn't helping my situation any. I had a gut and really wasn't wanting to ever be seen with my shirt off. Since then, I did Couch to 5k last August, finishing in October and have stuck with the running ever since, and as of March I am doing the StrongLifts 5x5 program which has really pumped up the results I have seen in just a month and a half. I felt like sharing my success in case anyone else can find some inspiration in it...and I feel quite proud of the progress achieved. :smile:

This was me before I did much of anything...
9266246_119.jpg

Here's a comparison head shot from a few weeks ago...
9266246_6298.jpg

Here's me today!
9266246_9458.jpg

Feel free to message me if you have any questions about what I've done and am doing! :drinker:

Replies

• WOW WHAT A GREAT JOB!!! You are great! I'm two months in and I'm at a plateau, how did you overcome your plateaus? You look so great! keep it up! ;)
  • killagb
    WOW WHAT A GREAT JOB!!! You are great! I'm two months in and I'm at a plateau, how did you overcome your plateaus? You look so great! keep it up! ;)
    Never be afraid to switch it up and eat a bit more or change the exercise you're doing, or vary it more. As you get closer to your goal, you will want to slow down the rate at which you're losing...I eat quite a bit of calories at this point, probably well over 2000 most days(I haven't been tracking for around a month or so). I lost 3lbs just recently as well..so that's my key...eat more! :smile:
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Look at that......you should change your screen name to Stud Master!
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Feel free to message me if you have any questions about what I've done and am doing! :drinker:
    Message you, huh? In your dreams.... :wink:

But for realz, looking GOOD man!
  • killagb
    Message you, huh? In your dreams.... :wink:

But for realz, looking GOOD man!
    tyvm :blushing:
  • durpnurp
    durpnurp Posts: 8
    Great job. It's amazing how much weight loss shows in the face alone.
  • ElleOQuent
    ElleOQuent Posts: 429 Member
    Your progress is incredible!!!

KUDOS! :drinker:
  • killagb
    Great job. It's amazing how much weight loss shows in the face alone.
    That's really what got me to start losing some weight I think...I could really see it in my face and neck...plus I kept creeping up closer to my all time high weight...and I thought ...no way I want to do that again. Thanks! :bigsmile:
  • killagb
    Your progress is incredible!!!

KUDOS! :drinker:
    Why thanks Elle! You have definitely done a great job with yourself!
  • bryansaums
    bryansaums Posts: 78 Member
    Could you post a link or two to a good 5X5 website? I'll message with my email too. Thanks!
  • sandiki
    sandiki Posts: 454
    Great job..look at how fit you have become...and you look so much younger too.
  • gomisskellygo
    gomisskellygo Posts: 635 Member
    Nice work. You look great!!
  • killagb
    Great job..look at how fit you have become...and you look so much younger too.
    Why thanks for the wonderful compliments! :flowerforyou: :bigsmile:
  • killagb
    Nice work. You look great!!
    Thank you!
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    You look fantastical, my dear...super schmexy!
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    wow, you look wonderful! :)
  • killagb
    You look fantastical, my dear...super schmexy!
    Thanks k2! :bigsmile:
  • killagb
    wow, you look wonderful! :)
    Thanks so much! :drinker:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!