Need help figureing out calories burned!!!!

Options
Has anyone done any of these workout videos, or can help me firgue out how much calories each one burns?????

-Body Shaper 90 by Stephane Vitorino
-The Ultimate Body Shaper by Stephane Vitorino
-Bikni Body by Shelly McDonald
-Workout On The Go by Shelly McDonald

I just got all four of these videos and I can't seem to find out much about any of them, so please let me know if you know anything.
thanks!!(:

Replies

• Raeca89
    Raeca89 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I had a similar problem when I wanted to find out how many calories I burn while playing Dance Dance Revolution.

1) Luckily, at least for DDR, there is a Workout mode that I can go into and the game calculates my calories burned by asking for my weight then tracking how hard and how long I play. I don't think these videos are games with tracking features though so this might not work well for you.
    2) I wasn't sure if I could trust my game to report accurate calories burned so I went online in search of independent sources who had done the work for me. Try Googling the title of the video and calories burned. Maybe other people were interested and there are discussion posts, studies or fitness trainer comments out there somewhere... I found a few discussion boards that gave me roughly the same data as my game did, which was fortunate for me. Maybe the websites of those videos might have info regarding calories burned...
    3) Worse comes to worst and there is not anything out in cyberspace giving you ANY idea of how many calories you've burned, you could just break the entire workout into its individual components (Jumping jacks, crunches, squats etc.) That's a lot of work though. Kind of along the same lines, I might suggest going through the MFP database and finding a SINGLE thing that most closely relates to how much you feel you're putting into the video. For me, I felt playing tennis was as close the database got to actually playing DDR because of the physical muscles and dedication involved, so I just considered a minute of tennis to a minute of DDR AS A ROUGH ESTIMATE of what I'd burned. If nothing else, it should get you in the general ballpark. Better than nothing.

Hopefully some site somewhere has all the info clearly written out for you! :P Good luck!