Recommend a Wii game for fitness-

Options
momjmd
momjmd Posts: 296 Member
I am seriously overweight but need to do some exercise. I was thinking about getting a fitness game for my wii. Any recommendations for something low-impact yet fun?

Replies

• skinnylove912
    skinnylove912 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I heard that Zumba fitness is super fun and you exercise like crazy without even realizing it!
    I've never tried it but a good friend of mine has is and always talks about how fun it is.
  • mochomito
    mochomito Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I have the Just Dance 2 - and the Zumba fitness. I really only used the JUST DANCE - I don't like the music in Zumba - but my cousin used it and she said that it kicks a** - and that she really felt the burn

Depending on which song you choose you can really get a work out with the fest moving songs in the JUST DANCE - they are my favorite - and if you just want to warm up or something the slower songs are great - and VERY VERY FUN!!!!
  • HayleeWho11
    Options
    any of the Just Dance games work great! :D and they are fun!
  • Lightbulb1088
    Lightbulb1088 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I use a Wii and there are lots of games that you can do. i would say try some of them and see. i use the snowball throwing one for cool down and warm up. the bowling game is fun. but don't be afraid to try any of them. most of them have a screen to show you how each section works. Sometimes i get on it and 1hr and a half is gone before I know it. Start slow so you don't hurt your self and have a ton of fun. I like the baseball game to but is a little bit hard to start. Tennis is good too! Enjoy. :)
  • ksueboohoo
    Options
    i love the just dance 2 b/c i don't realize i'm 'exercising' but i also have the zumba 2. to me it's harder b/c they don't always let you know what's coming next. but once you get the hang of it, it's pretty fun and it keeps track of your calories burned.
  • lmtrevin77
    lmtrevin77 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    any of the Just Dance games work great! :D and they are fun!

^^^THIS!!!^^^
  • LovingLisa2012
    LovingLisa2012 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    I use a Wii and there are lots of games that you can do. i would say try some of them and see. i use the snowball throwing one for cool down and warm up. the bowling game is fun. but don't be afraid to try any of them. most of them have a screen to show you how each section works. Sometimes i get on it and 1hr and a half is gone before I know it. Start slow so you don't hurt your self and have a ton of fun. I like the baseball game to but is a little bit hard to start. Tennis is good too! Enjoy. :)

i get into the tennis to much .. i litterally start moving around the living room .. my neice and hubby tends to laugh at me :laugh:
    but its fun

also i have golds gym, weight loss coach ( shoot i have loads of games) if you have a game stop near your home, check them out, you can find some cheap games
  • elisabej
    elisabej Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I am apparently too uncoordinated to do the Zumba, but I really got my behind kicked with the Golds Gym Cardio Workout...it was fun, but hard and I really worked up a sweat! :)
  • caramkoala
    caramkoala Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    get the Just Dance games cheap from a pawn shop!
  • Deltafliers
    Deltafliers Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I love my Wii and the games for family fun night!

If you want a work out feel then EA Active Personal Trainer, the UFC trainer isn't bad either but I don't know about low impact.

If you want to have fun and not feel like a workout: Wii Fit Plus, Active Life Explorer (family favorite!!), Active Life Outdoor Challenge (another family favorite!!!)
  • silmeria2
    silmeria2 Posts: 13
    Options
    Zumba kicks my butt. Highly recommend if you wanna go the video game route. Also my arms are sore for days after Star Wars light saber duels, but my boyfriend says that I just get to "into" it. (That's code for kicks his butt at it)
  • Deltafliers
    Deltafliers Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I heard that Zumba fitness is super fun and you exercise like crazy without even realizing it!
    I've never tried it but a good friend of mine has is and always talks about how fun it is.

The Zumba fitness will actually be a hit or miss based on personality type. I bought it and was really excited, but when I started using it I thought it was lame and couldn't get into it. My firend borrowed Zumba fitness and adored it, so I gave the game to her.
  • traveller888
    traveller888 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    EA Sports Active, Wii Fit (LOVE), and Just Dance. Even the Sports and Sports Resort are good. I love the Wii...just start doing it and you're one step ahead!
  • michellelhartwig
    michellelhartwig Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    CW is 258.8...I LOVE Wii Fit Plus!!!!! I also do Jillian Michaels' Fitness Ultimatum...Just slower than it says when I cannot push thru!
  • nikdonbon
    nikdonbon Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I like Wii fit plus. Lots of different activities and you can set what you want and just go. You can also weigh yourself with it and track goals.
  • morkiemama
    morkiemama Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    JUST DANCE all the way!!! Great burn, but so fun you don't even realize how much you are burning! I think THREE is the best one. :)
  • cfriend71
    cfriend71 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I didn't read all the posts but I bought the Jillian Michaels challenge and it's great. A lot of lunges and leg work and you will definitely feel it the next day.
  • wingednotes
    wingednotes Posts: 279
    Options
    Just Dance and Wii Fit :)
  • redcut
    redcut Posts: 176
    Options
    I use the wii fit plus I do the aerobic boxing before I know it my time is up my workout is done and I got to punch something lol. I d play a lot of the other games as well i love the bowling and the sword fighting also the tennis gives you a good workout.
  • go_getter89
    go_getter89 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    The just dance 2 is awesome. It has different levels and a variety of music. I have never done zumba at home but have have went to a few classes. It is fun and a great workout, but it is a fast pace and is something you have to do a few times to pick up the moves if you want to keep up and not be lost.