30 day shred - too early to try??

Options
I'm not hugely overweight (my BMI is 24.1 - I weigh 121lbs at 5ft) but I'm pretty unfit. I haven't done anything more sporty than a 5 mile walk in about a decade.

I've got what is essentially a mini elliptical, I can just manage 10 minutes on that (I do 2 minutes at a medium/fastfast walking pace, then 30 seconds at as high a speed as I can manage to push up my heart rate, and do 4 reps of this). I then do 30-45mins of aerobics on the Wii Fit, mostly step, rhythm boxing, hula hoop and the jogging.

I've just purchased the Jillian Michaels collection (30 day Shred, No More Trouble Zone, Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism and 6 Week 6 Pack ) as it was a bargain price, with the intention of starting with the 30 day shred. The DVD's won't arrive for up to 3 weeks, so I've got some time to up my endurance, but am I expecting too much of myself to be able to manage it this soon? What sort of fitness level do you need as a beginner on 30 day shred?

Replies

• Charliemaetoombs
    Options
    Anyone can do the 30DS. She has people you can follow for beginners and advanced. I was horrible at it the first couple of days I was doing it and was about to give up. But then I realized these women are working out and making videos for hours every day! So I would keep doing one leve until I could keep up with the advanced person then move onto the second level. There are three levels in the 30 DS. I really like this video, and if you stick to it you will see amazing results.
  • sjschewlakow
    sjschewlakow Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I started 30DS at 208lbs. It was hard but doable. Like the previous poster said, anyone can do it.

Good Luck.
  • leez1984
    leez1984 Posts: 22
    Options
    Thanks, I'm glad to know that I can just jump in from where my fitness/endurance level will be :) I'm just crossing my fingers for some good results, all the before/after photos have been truly inspiring - I just hope I can manage somwhere near that quality of improvement!

ETA: I read, in some JM related thread on here, that level 1 is on Youtube, might give it a look over tomorrow and give it a go from there while I wait for my dvd's to come through ;)
  • soaps54
    soaps54 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    You can do it! The first few days of each level are tough and you'll be sore but with each day you'll find yourself finding the exercises easier and your endurance stronger. Not everyone sees the same results but you will notice a difference if you stick with it. Good luck!
  • Solislu
    Solislu Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I started 'cold turkey' and really pushed myself...still on level 1 with 5-pound weights...you can do it!