I need some help !!!!!!!!

Options
katmont
katmont Posts: 32 Member
I'm stuck with my weight not moving and its been a month and the scale is NOT moving......what can i do to change it up....I exercise 6 days a week and change up my food so im not getting bored with eating the same thing all the time.....any suggestions? :sad:

Replies

• ShawnaRaeDunn
    ShawnaRaeDunn Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Are you including weights? Even light weights will help and change up your cardio. If you open your diary we might be able to help more. Good luck!
  • irisheyez718
    irisheyez718 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Always best to open your diary when you need help :-)
  • tpittsley77
    tpittsley77 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Hi. There are alot of people that will offer advice. First tho, open your diary in settings so people can see how many calories you are eating vs. Working out. Hard to give advice without information! Best of luck to you!
  • ris_animal
    Options
    Are you under a lot of stress?
  • zenchild
    zenchild Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Same thing happened to me. I cut out all processed carbs for about a month. No flour, no sugar. (Well, no added sugar. I still ate fruit.) It sucked. Lots. But the scale started moving again. I'm slowly adding some carbs back in but I'm watching my portions.

When I looked back at my diary I realized that I was eating WAY too carb heavy. I was meeting my calories but I was getting at least 75% of my calories from carbs. Now I've cut my carbs a bit and increased my protein. It's definitely making a difference. Since March 5, I've lost an inch and a half off my waist and a little over an inch on each thigh. And 6 pounds. Finally making progress again.
  • katmont
    Options
    Yes I do use weights when I exercise but I just started doing that this week
  • katmont
    Options
    not really but I do go to school and finals are coming up soon :smile:
  • simplysassi
    simplysassi Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    something that helps me when I get in a rut like that is to start really paying attention to portion sizes... I've been at this for years but can honestly say that what my eyes and stomach think is a 1/2 cup of this or 6 oz of that can be way off. I often have to go back to square one and start with just that simple step.

If you don't have a food scale I would suggest getting one. It really is a great investment.

When you make a recipe of something, pay attention to how much of each item you're putting in. Don't just put a bunch of cheese in the casserole... use a measuring cup and keep track of what's going into the dish. It might seem like a pain in the *kitten* at first but it will become habit, and it really does help.

Good luck to you. I'll send a FR and would love to help and support you.
  • kamoira23
    kamoira23 Posts: 193
    Options
    You could be eating too little. The first (of many) plateaus that I hit was due to the fact that I wasn't eating nearly enough. My body stopped functioning properly. I started eating 100-200 calories more per day and within a week I was losing again.
  • tpittsley77
    tpittsley77 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Hi! I see that you opened your diary. That is great. You are eating very well, which rocks. Nothing worse than someone asking what they are doing wrong, only to find they are eating fast food all the time. The main thing I see in your diary is that you aren't eating enough. You are working out and not eating back those calories. I was doing the same thing. Then I really started researching bmr and tdee on sites seperate from mfp. Its one thing for people to say to eat more and eat back your calories on mfp, but I needed to understand WHY before doing so. And it makes sense. As soon as I set my mfp goal to 1 lb loss per week and started eating back most of my exercise calories, I started losing again. Best of luck on your journey and if you would like support, send a request. I am in this for the long haul and use mfp daily.
  • NoMoreJellyRolls
    Options
    have you tried changing up your workouts? If you do the same thing everyday then your body becomes use to the workouts which results in no results.