Hello from Ohio

Options
Hi!

I'm new here :)

I've been using the MyFitnessPal app on my iPhone for awhile now. I was using Spark but I like the Fitnesspal app a lot better. I finally decided this week to really start participating.

Anyhow, Im a work at home mom of three teenagers (ages 17,15,14), and three dogs (along with a foster dog right now). I'm an artist, so while I'm busy, I'm usually sitting on my butt. I'm also a part time student. And I HATE to exercise. So, that puts me in a pickle!

I had my first kiddo at 20. When I got pregnant with her, I was a nice size 6. I gained 35 lbs with her, and after I had her I was a size 12. Next kid came 15 months later, and he was a 26 week preemie. I gained 30 lbs with him (bed rest and drugs the Drs put me on), and after I had him I was a size 14....The third kid, we adopted. As the years have gone on I've just gotten fatter and fatter. I wear anywhere from a 16-20, depending on the clothes. It drives me crazy that there's so much difference!

I have some sugar issues- fasting blood glucose test showed me 4 its away from diabetes. And, if I don't eat through the day, by late afternoon my hands are shaky and I can't think straight. That bothers me, because I would rather not eat LOL

Well, looking forward to getting to know everyone!

Replies

• CawfeeLuv
    CawfeeLuv Posts: 18
    Options
    Hey, I am in ohio too..Welcome!
  • Suzieqgirl
    Suzieqgirl Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I will be moving to Ohio someday in the near future. Nice to meet you!

Suzie
  • deniselynn13
    deniselynn13 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!! I am also from Ohio!!! :)

Feel free to add me as a friend and we can help motivate each other.

I love MFP. Best site so far, i think. A lot of what you get out of it you put into it. You need to put yourself and your health first! Then you will do great!!!! :)

:flowerforyou:
  • angie_sample
    Options
    Hey im in indiana. But all my family lives in Oh so i go there all the time and i lived there for 6 years. Nice to meet u!! :)
  • mommy7
    mommy7 Posts: 153
    Options
    I'm an ohio girl too. Welcome!
  • jaric01
    jaric01 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm in Dallas but I grew up in Cleveland. Feel free to add me.

There are tons of stuff you can do to burn calories even if you don't like to go to the gym. But the last thing you want to do is not eat. Start small. Once you get into the right mindset, you'll see the pounds fall off.
  • jjstaten
    jjstaten Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    OHIO BABY! Add me if you'd like.
  • SuperSnoopy
    SuperSnoopy Posts: 3,464 Member
    Options
    I from Nottingham in England I gues I'm well out of it!! :-(
  • warrenvalley
    warrenvalley Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm also in Ohio. Feel free to add me. Go Bucks!
  • jcohio85
    jcohio85 Posts: 43
    Options
    Hey! Welcome. I am also from Ohio.

Feel free to add me if you would like.
  • lisatubergan
    Options
    I live in Michigan near the Ohio line. I to have a home based business and love it! Would like to become buddies. Feel free to add me or anyone out there reading this. Let's lose it together =) Lisa
  • soxx226
    soxx226 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I live in Indiana but live pretty close to the Ohio border. I also am addicted to the iPhone app
  • PattyCake123
    PattyCake123 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Fellow Ohio Girl here :) Feel free to add me!
  • EmilyJaneRigali
    Options
    GO BUCKS!!! I'm an Ohioan at heart :)
  • aimeeinohio
    aimeeinohio Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    OK how do i add people? :smooched:
  • jjstaten
    jjstaten Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    click on their profile picture and it will redirect you to the person's profile page. Once you are on their page there will be a button "Add Friend" to the right. Click on that and write a quick not and hit send.
  • nakitadawn1212
    nakitadawn1212 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    O-H-I-O!!! Any fellow Ohio folks feel free to add =)
  • Rick_SH
    Rick_SH Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Hello fellow Ohio-ans. Welcome!!
  • courtneymal17
    courtneymal17 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    GO BUCKS!!! I'm an Ohioan at heart :)

Me too lol! Go Buckeyes! Went to college there, best city ever!