Illness within first week. PLEASE HELP! :'(

Options
I am 190lbs and i started this a week ago today. But since about the second day in, iv gotten really really bad stomach cramps, headaches and really bad intergestion at night. I get huge headaches and the stomach cramps are really extreme and painfull. What i have researched so far is that it could be from stopping eating so much junk food (I used to eat fast food every day and always drink soda every day all day) and now i havent had junk food for a week and no soda. Has anybody else been through this? And how long has it lasted for?

Thank you so so so much for any answers, im just over feeling like this!

Replies

• NinjaChickie
    NinjaChickie Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    It could be sugar withdrawals, that usually lasts a few days to a week depending on the reliance of your body.

Make sure you're drinking enough water and not eating too little.

Hang in there.
  • zellagrrl
    zellagrrl Posts: 439
    Options
    The first week was the worst... it will get better! You will feel awesome once you get used to just eating good stuff (and I did slow down my caffeine decrease by continuing to drink green tea for the first little while-- helps with that!).
  • iwantahealthierme13
    iwantahealthierme13 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Your body is detoxing but you're probably cutting things out too fast. You can have fastfood once in awhile (healthier choices so they fit into your calorie allotment) Like today I had a pita wrap from a greek restaurant, a few days ago I had chili, a bagel and lemonade (which was 814 cals but still fit into my day because I worked out) I cut out soda completely but I wasn't drinking a lot of it. Don't just drink water though, that's too big of a shift. I would have some juice/tea/hot chocolate etc, (I started a week ago too, had a couple of mild headaches from not drinking enough but that's it)
  • IzzyLightwood2k17
    IzzyLightwood2k17 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies. So does this sound normal for the first week? im hoping it doesnt last for too much longer :( the intergestion and cramps are killing me!
  • Bookworm_Chris
    Bookworm_Chris Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Like others have mentioned, it could be withdrawal from the caffeine and sugar, that would cause headaches. Another question I think of is, what type of diet are you following? If you started something along the lines of a south beach, or anything that restricts carbs, that could also explain the headaches/stomachaches. I am prone to headaches, and found I cannot do a diet that restricts carbs. I just have tried to find healthier ways to get them, such as whole grain breads/crackers/pasta, wheat tortillas, etc. And I don't eat as many as I used to, but if I don't have at least some each day, I do suffer from headaches. The only other thing to look at is have you started eating anything new? Have you subbed diet soda/artificial sweetners for your usual soda drink? You could have a sensitivity to Aspartame, Sucralose, or any of the other artificial sugars out there. Hope this info helps, and that you feel better soon!!