Does this happen??

Options
I've been eating my set amount of calories for the past few weeks... always hitting over or under about 100. Never gone hungry, ate everything and felt fine eating. I've been eating a good diet and a range of foods.

But today I went to a dinner party and could only eat half of my salad and just could not eat anymore no matter how much I told myself to eat. I felt so sick. I left about 500 or so calories so I could eat at the party and I just couldn't finish my whole meal.

Does this happen to anyone else??

Replies

• Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Yes. Your stomach shrinks a bit when you start eating smaller meals. I can only eat about 1/4 of what I used to eat per sitting. Totally normal. Next time eat more throughout the evening instead of one large meal to fill in your calories.
  • iwantahealthierme13
    iwantahealthierme13 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    This could be a mental thing. You had 500 cals left so your body didn't want to eat because your mind was saying "500 cals, 500 cals"

When you know you're going to eat a lot in one day, don't log it. Just call it a cheat day. (for special occasions)
  • EpicRosie
    EpicRosie Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    It could be that your stomach shrank or could actually just be ill and it's caused you to lose your appetite.