Dietary Supplement seen on Dr. Oz

Options
Hello,

I was wondering if anybody as taking a supplement called Forskolin? I have been struggling with my weight for years, I think my metabolism is totally out of whack.

I have neurofibromatosis Type 1. As a result of a tumour in my optic nerve I had radiation when I was 11 (in close proximity to my pituitary gland); I stopped growing after this, I was 5'2". Then in 1997 I was tube fed for nearly 4 months after having massive surgery to remove a tumour from my cranial nerves, I had temporarily lost the ability to swallow. My Mom occasionally makes clothes for me, i had lost 2 dress sizes. After learning how to swallow again (and living in residence) I put the weight all back on.

I also have an under-active thyroid and take Synthroid for this. Right now I am not working, so I have a relatively sedentary lifestyle. I do try to either use my stationary bike for 30 minutes a day and/or do 30 minutes or more of walking. Between the end of February (when I started/joined this website) and the beginning of April I lost about 10 pounds. In the last 2+ weeks I haven't lost anything, I've gained a bit back.

When I saw the show where Dr. Oz recommended taking Forskolin as a supplement I was quite intrigued. If anybody reading this has any input on this supplement it would be appreciated.

Thank you,

blg1977

Replies

• sabyars
    sabyars Posts: 26
    Options
    I have never tried it but I just ordered it tonight after watching Dr. Oz this afternoon. I am very excited to try it. I have already lost 40 pounds. Just looking to lose the last 15 or so. Hoping all goes well!
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Lol

Wow, forskolin looks amazing! It causes you to lose fat, increase lbm and raise free test.

Body Composition and Hormonal Adaptations Associated with Forskolin Consumption in Overweight and Obese Men. OBESITY RESEARCH Vol. 13 No. 8 August 2005

http://www.lipofuze.com/research/forslean.pdf

Hmmm then you see the study was funded by the patent holder and other studies have been unable to duplicate the results

Effects of coleus forskohlii supplementation on body composition and hematological profiles in mildly overweight women. J Int Soc Sports Nutr. 2005 Dec 9;2:54-62.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18500958?dopt=Abstract
    CONCLUSION:

Results suggest that CF does not appear to promote weight loss but may help mitigate weight gain in overweight females with apparently no clinically significant side effects.

Effects of Coleus forskohlii supplementation on body composition and markers of health in sedentary overweight females. Experimental Biology 2002 Late Breaking Abstracts. LB305: 2002.
    That 250mg of a 10 per cent forskolin extract taken twice daily for 12 weeks did not significantly decrease body mass or dual energy X-ray absorptiometer (DEXA)-determined fat mass in a group of inactive obese women asked to maintain their normal diet and activity level
  • Sl1ghtly
    Sl1ghtly Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    There is no way I would put Dr.Oz's forskolin in my mouth without a major monetary gain.
  • badgerbadger1
    badgerbadger1 Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    There is no way I would put Dr.Oz's forskolin in my mouth without a major monetary gain.

WIN /thread