Help!!!! dating advise.

Options
grizzlymaze
grizzlymaze Posts: 185 Member
Hey all:

A friend of mine is starting to see a lady that he works with. He wants to move to the official dating thing, but doesn't know how to do it. He knows that if they do become attached, and than break it off than there is going to be issues at work. Nothing like I'm pissed issues, but cold silence issues. If she worked else where, it would not be a problem.

Can anyone give me advise to pass on to him?

Replies

• cino2684
    cino2684 Posts: 26
    Options
    I wouldn't do it. I had a guy recently ask me out at work and I rejected him, found out today hes saying it was the other way around, not happy here.

It will complicate things IF they are in the same department and work closely together.

So IMO I wouldn't get involved.
  • thatblueyedchic
    thatblueyedchic Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    While I don't think it's a good idea to get involved with someone at work, it sort of sounds like he already has. So the risk for awkwardness is already out there.

As I have been telling myself repeatedly lately, you could approach every situation and say, "What if it doesn't work out?" or you can approach it and say, "What if it does?" If he is interested and thinks there is something there, I think it's worth pursuing. A least then you know.
  • vcorbin01
    vcorbin01 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Tell him to dive right in! I'm getting married to mine and we've been living together, commuting together, same office together..for 4 years. I've dated other guys in the work force..not here, but when I was younger and really..It's not that bad if it doesn't work out. The heart wants what the heart wants. =D
  • coachblt
    coachblt Posts: 1,090
    Options
    I don't see the problem, really, unless either person is immature. If they enjoy each others company, then give it a shot. If it doesn't work out, they should speak to each other and explain themselves. Whatever they do, they should NOT part in silence. That will make things eerily complicated and uncomfortable.
  • PapaverSomniferum
    PapaverSomniferum Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    Let him in on the fact that girls have cooties.
  • crise40g
    crise40g Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Move on.

Wouldn't date a person at work.
  • DavetheHYNIC
    DavetheHYNIC Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Hey all:

A friend of mine is starting to see a lady that he works with. He wants to move to the official dating thing, but doesn't know how to do it. He knows that if they do become attached, and than break it off than there is going to be issues at work. Nothing like I'm pissed issues, but cold silence issues. If she worked else where, it would not be a problem.

Can anyone give me advise to pass on to him?

You, I mean your "friend", have a problem cause there is an old sayin "don't s%$t where you eat" . Do like everyone else does have a casual sexual affair for a little while then stop it and pretend it never happened.
  • northfresh
    northfresh Posts: 111
    Options
    No. Don't do it. Not worth it. Not worth sacrificing the currently healthy relationship.