Recommend a Wii game for fitness-

Options
2»

Replies

• hml86
    hml86 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I have Zumba 2!! I absolutely love it besides not knowing any of the music on it..lol it definitely makes me sweat! I LOVE how it keeps track of each of my workouts and how many calories I burn on each one! I would recommend it! I've also borrowed Just Dance 2 & 3 from my niece...it kicks butt too! I like it because it has music by artists that I know! Good luck I'm sure which ever one you purchase it'll help you reach your goal!!
  • amycarol59
    amycarol59 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I have the wii Just Dance 2 and Golds Cardio and they are good but my favorite is the Active 2 with heart monitor/ arm controller and leg controller so you don't have to use the wii controller a lot in the game. It has basketball camp and soccer camp a 9 week challenge and build your own workouts (which is what I do because I have weak knees and can't do some of the exercises. I started using it at 370 lbs. and in just 3 months I enjoyed my first goal of 330 to actually get on the wii board and not have it yell at me for weighing too much. Good luck just keep trying ones until you find one that works for you. You can usually get used games a game stop for half price too.
  • mygrl4meee
    mygrl4meee Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    Does Zumba for the wii require anything other than the game and wii? I keep thinking of that 100 dollar wii ftness thing (can't remember the name) do I need it or just the game?
  • hisqtangel
    hisqtangel Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Does Zumba for the wii require anything other than the game and wii? I keep thinking of that 100 dollar wii ftness thing (can't remember the name) do I need it or just the game?
    . It comes with a belt and you can buy extra belts if you want to play with other people. Best buy sells the belts for $10
  • hisqtangel
    hisqtangel Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Zumba is my favorite but we also have the just dance 3. That's what I started with and now go back and forth.
  • Bjwurtz1128
    Options
    Love the Just Dance 2 but Really Love the Wii Fit Plus, the Wii fit board is needed for most of the Wii Fit Plus games, But Game Stop has them for half the price, Totally addicted to the Advance Step, next week I plan on using the riser on the Wii Board... UP UP AND AWAY !!
  • krisbelle00
    krisbelle00 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I love to Gold gyms Cardio (shape boxing) and Gold Gyms Dance workout. I love them both. They both have personal trainers and let you workout at your own pase.
  • mygrl4meee
    mygrl4meee Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    . It comes with a belt and you can buy extra belts if you want to play with other people. Best buy sells the belts for $10
    Thanks. The best buys in my area went out of business but I will check it out online at their website.
  • kiwi1855
    kiwi1855 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I know it has been recommended... however another vote for EA Sports Active 2. I promise. It works. You put the effort in and it kicks your butt. Results are great!
  • airlily
    airlily Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Michael Jackson: The Experience
    Just Dance, 1-3
    Zumba, 1 & 2
    Wii Fit Plus is a must! :D
  • pukekolive
    pukekolive Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Biggest Loser Challenge, EA Sports Active 2, Wii Fit Plus, My Fitness Coach - all really good in their own way and work you hard but you can tailor your workout to your fitness level.

I got a Wii balance board with my Wii Fit Plus and use it for the other workouts as well so really good value.

One of these games actually had a usb camera for putting my image next to my trainer on the TV! (My Fitness Coach?)
  • KayteeBear
    KayteeBear Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    Gold's Gym (boxing, they have a dance one too but I've never done that) and Exerbeat. Gold's Gym is just the boxing but fun if you like that stuff. Exerbeat has dancing (hip hop and latin) and aerobics, boxing, karate, yoga/pilates and some other random stuff. I REALLY like this game. And both games were $20 or less at Walmart.
  • V_VLoren
    V_VLoren Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi there!:happy:
    As I'm not mega enthusiastic about exercise, I find that wii fit stuff is pretty good!
    On wii sports, you can choose from tennis, Golf, Boxing, or baseball amidst others.
    I suffer from Fibromyalgia, so am restricted in my exertion levels, so on a bad day, I'd stick to golf and tennis, and on a good day, the boxing is very good!
    I hope this is useful to you, and good luck with dieting!
  • Drendren
    Drendren Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Zumba 2, if you enjoy dance-type activities. I found that you don't even need the 'learn the steps' piece - you can pick up the steps just by doing a workout.
  • iroze
    iroze Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I use Exerbeat for the Wii. Spent a few years using the Wii Fit Plus and the Exerbeat workout is SO much more involved. Personal trainers show you Latin dance, Aerobics, Hip-Hop, Martial Arts, Yoga and Pilates, and then it even has fun exercises for kids, like Pizza Toss and Pirate attack where you have to swing your "sword" around and stuff. Half an hour of intense exercise loses me about 400 calories.
  • Amber50lbsDown
    Amber50lbsDown Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I just use Wii Fit Plus. Its easy and fun. I like Free Step and Hula Hoop. deff helping me lose weight and I dont get board and you dont have to have corodination to do it. lol
    lost of people reccomend Zumba but I cant do it.lol
  • schninie82
    schninie82 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Zumba 2!!!!