Bed exercises

Options
Ok, maybe a bit of a weird topic, but here's my problem.

My boyfriend lives in Amsterdam for half a year while he's doing his intern and once in a while I come over and visit for a couple days. Not a problem, however, the room we get to stay in is TINY. There is litterally no space, no chairs (i sit in the bed all day), just a closet, bed and fridge and a tiny tiny space to stand to like, get changed or something.

I want to exercise! I'd go for a walk, but the neighbourhood feels very unsafe and I don't feel right walking outside on my own, but this makes me feel so lazy. Does anyone know of any exercises I could do like IN the bed? Or in a small standing space? Just so I'm at least a little bit active?

Replies

• cinsuccess
    cinsuccess Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Resistence Bands... you can use them lying down or sitting up for so many exercises. You truly don't have to move your body as much as re-positioning where the bands are. Plus they are super light and small so easy to pack when travelling. I use them when I'm on business trips if the hotel doesn't have a gym. They have different tension level bands available so buy a few different ones and slowly work up to a heavy resistence.
  • talysshade
    talysshade Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Resistence Bands... you can use them lying down or sitting up for so many exercises. You truly don't have to move your body as much as re-positioning where the bands are. Plus they are super light and small so easy to pack when travelling. I use them when I'm on business trips if the hotel doesn't have a gym. They have different tension level bands available so buy a few different ones and slowly work up to a heavy resistence.

That is a great idea! I was considering buying them but wasn't convinced if I would use them enough, but didn't even think about the possibilities of using them here. Thanks!

Ordered a whole set. =) 5 bands, Including grips and doorgrip and a bag for 30 bucks.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    And here I was thinking this was going to be a smutty thread! :laugh: :laugh:

If the bed isn't too soft you can still do planks, reverse crunches, leg raises etc
  • talysshade
    Options
    I know! I was thinking it would attract a whole lot more people, too lol. Although in fact if those things burn calories I'm not against them and still open for ideas lol.

Sadly the mattresses are pretty soft and crappy.. but I guess it would only make the planks so much more difficult..
  • alexisguardian
    Options
    Well as long as you are on the first floor and the frame is supportive there is no reason you can't jump on the bed (Kids don't get to have all the fun!). Try to use more of your core to stay in the same place or maybe try to jump higher each time. Also use the mattress to work on balance, just like using a half balance ball. You can do squats, stretches, etc while working on staying balanced and keeping your form.
  • talysshade
    Options
    Hmm.. I hadn't thought of it like that. We're on the fifth floor actually, but that doesn't rule out balancing and squats on the bed..
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Nopedotjpeg Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    hip thrusts. :wink:
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options

:laugh:
  • bluetigger86
    Options
    just saying, sex burns more calories than any exercise you could do :)
  • knightreader
    knightreader Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    based on the situation you describe, sounds like sex would be the perfect exercise.
  • trijoe
    trijoe Posts: 729 Member
    Options

That didn't take long...

I was going to suggest jumping jacks on the side of the bed. Maybe a little less noisy than actually doing them on it? Also why not get some hand weights (dumbbells)? There are plenty of lifts you can do. And you can store the dumbbells underneath the bed.

Good luck! Sounds like your SO could be having the time of his life shortly!...
  • STLaferty
    STLaferty Posts: 38
    Options
    I started out doing cardio by simply marching in place, and it was very effective! I work out on a track now, but if I feel the need to give myself a little cardio boost, I just put on my MP3 player with my fave workout music and start. I can tack on 20, 30 or mote minutes to my daily cardio that way. It helped me to be able to look out a window while I did this- don't know why, but I wasn't as bored.