Future Brides (and grooms!)

Brenna
Brenna Posts: 126 Member
edited September 20 in Motivation and Support
Okay... tell me if this is lame, I can take it....:ohwell:

I know I want/need to live a healthy lifestyle and be happy with my body, blah blah blah... I really do!

BUT, I just got engaged. And though I am trying not to just focus on the wedding part- it has become difficult! I really, really want to be in the best shape of my life at my wedding. We only got in engaged last week and I've been on MFP for a month now. I really want to step it up and thought there has got to be some future brides (and grooms) on this forum.

So... anyone out there want to admit that they are looking forward to "wow-ing" people as they walk down the aisle?:flowerforyou:

Replies

• bbear
    bbear Posts: 96 Member
    I was a future bride just a few months ago. I worked really hard and stuck tomy MFP plan and I felt awsome on my wedding day! There is nothing wrong with wanting to drop some jaws. Good luck and congrats on your engagement.
  • jacqueline0821
    jacqueline0821 Posts: 667 Member
    I am the same way and I have 8 months until my wedding.
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    I also just got engaged 2 months ago. Wedding is in 8 months.
    25lbs down, and approx 20-25 more. I hope to have the lowest BF I have ever been for my wedding.

Beach in Floriday is where I'll be married.
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    I'm not engaged yet, but I definitely want to maintain my loss so I can drop a few jaws when my big day comes around. :bigsmile:
  • I am getting married October 23, 2010. I am hoping to lose my weight by the end of this year.. I had a total of 21lbs to lose and and down 6.

My fiance has a total of almost 70lbs to lose and wants it gone by spring. I am with you. I know you should want to exercise for health and all that, but its your wedding!!! I've dreamt of my wedding since I was a child, and I want it to be picture perfect!

I did 10 min trainer so far and lost 6 lbs in 8 days.. 2 days left of the diet. It worked for me. I think I might do it 1x/month from now til the wedding to maintain and continue to lose.

I didn't do any of the exercises, and still saw results. I wrote about it in my blog if you want to find out more.

Good luck with your weight loss!
  • I'm getting married in august of 2011 so have just under 2 years to lose the weight, but i feel like everytime i try i give up soon after thinking ugh im soo depressed this isn't working!
    I want to look fabulous on the day but i also want to feel really confident too! i don't know how to keep motivated :sad:
  • kaja
    kaja Posts: 145 Member
    We've not set a day for the wedding yet - been engaged for nearly 3 years.
    But I definitely want to wow everyone on the day.
    Good luck and good health to everyone whose dates are coming up.
  • AwMyLoLo
    AwMyLoLo Posts: 1,571 Member
    Congrats on your engagement! My big day is next Saturday (the 26th). I joined back in March when I decided I needed to start tracking my calories. It was the best thing I could have done! Follow your MFP plan and exercise regularly and you will surely be STUNNING on your big day! Definitely incorporate weights into your exercise routine... Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.