Question to those who increase calories? help

Options
Its very scary for me to think that increasing my calories will result in a better weight loss. Since we have been trained to eat less and move more. If i was to increase my calories wouldnt that put me to where i was before and hence why cutting them brought about my weight loss. I have a weigh in tomorrow so will see what happens, but if anyone has any advice on this and experience please let me know. i have about 20lbs to go to reach goal, im at 147 and "5.4.5", cycle 6.5 miles daily and do yoga 3 times a week,
thanks

Replies

• ladyraven68
    ladyraven68 Posts: 2,003 Member
    Options
    Its very scary for me to think that increasing my calories will result in a better weight loss. Since we have been trained to eat less and move more. If i was to increase my calories wouldnt that put me to where i was before and hence why cutting them brought about my weight loss. I have a weigh in tomorrow so will see what happens, but if anyone has any advice on this and experience please let me know. i have about 20lbs to go to reach goal, im at 147 and "5.4.5", cycle 6.5 miles daily and do yoga 3 times a week,
    thanks

It's not about increasing randomly, or increasing above your TDEE , it's about making sure your body has the right nutrition to fuel your activities, as some people are under eating.

In weight loss, less calories don't always equal more weight loss. Especially if you make the deficit too large. As you get closer to goal you need to ensure you have a moderate deficit as you may not have enough fat left to support an aggressive deficit.

As you get closer to goal, you will change your loss target from 2lb, to 1lb, to half a lb, and that will automatically give you more calories and get you eating closer to maintenance calories for when you reach your goal.

The key to it all is knowing your TDEE and deducting a sensible deficit.
  • F1uffy2
    F1uffy2 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I agree with the sound advice there from ladyraven68.x
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Especially if you make the deficit too large.

Yep, too much exercise does seem capable of stalling weight loss.

If eating more food doesn't work, you could try less exercise for a period.