Hey

Options
Hey im 17 and i would like to put weight on i always eat, but maybe not the right foods, is there a way to eat loads and put weight on as i probably eat loads of sweets but still dont put weight on, i currently weigh 6st 7ibs

Replies

• Kirsty_UK
    Kirsty_UK Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Eating lots of sweets and sugar might help you put on weight, but not the right sort of weight.

Do you know why you're under weight? Have you consulted a doctor? I see you're a referee so you no doubt run around a lot.

Focus on calorie dense foods that are full of nutrients, instead of empty calories.
  • Craigyb5005
    Options
    Yes and doctors seem to think i just dont eat enuff, but what sort of foods should i eat, Carbs? Or not as much carbs maybe more protein etc
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    Eat protein rich foods and do weight oriented exercises like lifting weights, etc....
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    if you are using the food diary on here make it public so we can see what you eat. Use the Tools link above to calculate your energy requirement (BMR).

Do you know how many calories you eat now ? Can you list a typical day's food ?

You could start with two rashers of bacon and a fried egg for breakfast. A 1/4 pound burger for lunch with some vegetables like green beans or broccoli.
  • Craigyb5005
    Options
    i eat health with meals but i tend to eat loads of sweets