type of underwear while running

Options
clemens24
clemens24 Posts: 8 Member
well this is my first post.......So im hopefully for a alot of replies.........i wanted to know what does everyone wear as far as underwear goes for running.......I have been dealing with chaffing for alot of years........so i wanted to see what is everyone else doing differently I tried using reebok underwear and it doesnt work well...............So my questions is.......do you wear regular underwear or something else while running......

Replies

• creature275
    creature275 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I just wear running shorts, they have a liner in them so your not even supposed to wear underwear with them
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    HHonestly when I wear my tights or just running short I always wear a thong.
  • clemens24
    clemens24 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    you wear a thong while running? and you never get any burns or have trouble after running........because its running for awhile that gets you.....
  • grizzlymaze
    grizzlymaze Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I just wear running shorts, they have a liner in them so your not even supposed to wear underwear with them

I second this.
  • swt0pie
    swt0pie Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    thongs or g-string always :P
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Good old Bonds cotton undies. Ones that cover my bum - I really don't like to see anyone else's g-string line through their running tights so I'm not going to force that view on anyone behind me.
    I found the important thing is to have the right size of undies. Once they started getting a bit too big, they shifted around and were really uncomfortable. Going down a size fixed this.
    Personally i can't think of anything worse than no undies under running shorts - my skirt has built in shorts but there is no way I would wear that without anything underneath.
  • dusty8907
    dusty8907 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Freeballin?
  • Nu_Mel
    Nu_Mel Posts: 48
    Options
    G.string as well here. Or just my running shorts.
  • leondrel
    leondrel Posts: 5
    Options
    When I used to run I always had to wear long underwear, at least mid way down the thigh to stop and rubbing

Sensitive skin + sweat + friction = a sad panda
  • andyswift
    andyswift Posts: 17
    Options
    Always commando!
  • jumptothebeat
    jumptothebeat Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I usually wear a thong too (after wearing various variations of the 'knicker' - actually these were the least chafing for me), or I wear nothing but wear good running shorts (you want ones that have wicking material in the gusset - that absorbs moisture :sick: and helps reduce irritation).
  • ChinaLexie
    ChinaLexie Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I feel really silly answering this question, as you are a guy, but maybe it'll help other female readers! I prefer the Victoria Secret Body by Victoria Seamless panty line. Generally, they stay in place and are seamless (duh?), but they are a bit expensive.

I think they are an investment, though. ;) My 'behind' has gotten a few dates at the gym. So, I like to think I made the money back in free meals (males).... Haha ;)
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    as a guy I usually New Balance cycle briefs or Champion. they are made of spandex/nylon material and come in various length and sizes. I don't worry about legs rubbing together with these.
  • papergirl22
    papergirl22 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Three words: Under Armour Underwear
  • DS67ATX
    DS67ATX Posts: 289
    Options
    I wear running shorts with underwear already lined in.Very comfortable for my boys.
  • soccerella
    soccerella Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I just had this conversation with one of my guy friend runners the other day....he seemed appalled that I dont wear any (or sometimes boy shorts) since I havnet found any that dont ride up.....he apparently uses ones that have them built in
  • samlankford
    samlankford Posts: 334
    Options
    usually no undies
  • guamSUPERgirl90
    Options
    this is definitely my kind of thread!

I don't like to wear underwear unless im using a skirt/ dress. Why? it prevents wedgies, ugly panty lines showing, not to mention lack of fresh air!

If your worried about chaffing, use lotion or any oil based lubricant to avoid friction...

especially when wearing shorts...