Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Nike fuel band?

Does anyone have one/heard anything about them? Looking for a good calorie counter for wokouts and I'm not sure whether I go this route or a HRM.

Replies

• ryanpm6774
    ryanpm6774 Posts: 2 Member
    I just bought one the other day (had it about a week). It's a great motivator with the software and the wireless bluetooth sync to your phone. I have found that for running and various daily activity it is very accurate for fuel burn. The Nike fuel part is a bit gimmicy but I'll admitt that I'm starting to be drawn into the fact that it takes my life's movement and turns it into a video game. It's water resistant so I can wear it when is shower and wash my hands. It looks great and the LED's are bright.

However, depending on what kind of workout you do you may want to wait on getting the fuel band. I run and lift that's it thus far for gym work and it works well. I wish it had a heart rate monitor in it and I"m guessing the next gen will. Also, the only mobile software out for it is for the iPhone so if you don't have that you'll have to use the USB and desktop software (which is still very cool). Also, if you ride bikes you will need to put it on your ankle to get an accurate measure of activity. All in all, I love it but it sure isn't for everyone with the $150 price tag. The main reason I got this over a HRM is that I can/will wear it all the time and it motivates me to get off the couch and the HRM doesn't.

Hope this helps...