p90x

Options
So my hubby and i have been working on getting healthy since June 2011. I've lost 71 pounds, my hubby has lost 55 pounds. Looking for something new to do as far as exercise. I've seen people have success with the p90x and wanted to get opinions and how successful it was for u.

Replies

• tnkcfan
    tnkcfan Posts: 2
    Options
    I don't know that I can really answer your question, but I've just started P90X this past Monday. My arm pits are so sore from all the push-ups & the insides of my thighs from the pyrometrics. Tonight is arms & shoulders. I talked my husband into doing it with me because I knew I wouldn't stick to it if it was only me doing it. I think having someone to workout with is the key. I'm only wanting to lose 10-15 more lbs & I hope by watching my diet & doing the P90x that this will do it!
  • somanyfuckinganchors
    Options
    I'm on day 4 and I can already see and feel change, although I have actually gained 1kg, I think it' from muscle and water retention though. Jut remember to up your calorie intake for it. I recommend eating at maintenance, because it's about maximum muscle building and fitness, which is really hard when your body has less energy and is using muscle for energy. The set comes with a book explaining nutrition, along with meal plan and everything you will need.
  • darcywills13
    Options
    Love P90X !!! Ive been doing it for a year now just to stay in shape and still love it!! Ive lost about 80lbs and have been off all blood pressure meds since I started last year! Good luck to you.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    I just started it today! I know I'm going to be sore tomorrow.

Sorry I couldn't be of much help. I will let you know in 90 days lol.
  • peterjohn1
    peterjohn1 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    There is no doubt that 990x is wonderful 90 days program which have very good results in form of weigh loss . It is also important from fitness point of view. People who want reduction in weight should have to start this program and after 90 days you would get definitely lose weight according to your goals .
  • Jennd3098
    Jennd3098 Posts: 30
    Options
    P90X is a great program! I got great results of getting cut and flattened out my stomach! I really love p90x...I think its one of the best programs out there! good luck
  • 25daniow
    25daniow Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    P90X is awesome and definitely will yield results if you stick to the workouts consistently. I am currently on week 5 and have lost pounds and inches already. Just make sure that you have the time to commit to the workouts daily. Each workout is at least 60 minutes long and if you add the ab ripper workout on the days assigned that adds another 20 minutes. I really enjoy doing the workouts because I know it's working...which is of course the best incentive!!!!
  • cmowat13
    cmowat13 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    bump
  • jhgreer
    jhgreer Posts: 145
    Options
    My husband and I are just finishing our 4th week and we love it! We're doing the Lean program, which is better suited for losing weight. I had been doing cardio 3-4 times per week prior to starting it so I was in ok shape, I wouldn't even say good shape. I haven't lost much weight but can definitely see a change in my body. I can't wait to take our 30 day pictures to see if I can tell a difference. I am also stronger...the first week I thought some of the moves were impossible and now I'm able to do most of them with a little modification. Good luck! Don't let the first workout scare you - it definitely gets better!
  • pgp90xer
    pgp90xer Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    It is by far the best investment I made. When I think of the money I spent on different gyms with way less results it makes me feel stupid. Tony Horton will push you so much.
  • angie_sample
    Options
    thanks for all the comments!! My hubby and i are going to get it tomorrow and are starting Monday. Im super excited. Got to take our "before pics" here in the next couple of days so when were all done i can show everyone the fabulous results. thanks once again!
  • peterjohn1
    peterjohn1 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    There is no doubt that P90x is wonderful 90 days program which have very good results in form of weight loss . It is also important from fitness point of view. People who want reduction in weight should have to start this program and after 90 days you would get definitely lose weight according to your goals .

Personal Trainer Leawood
  • quixoteQ
    quixoteQ Posts: 484
    Options
    I am on day 34 of my first round of P90X. It's a fantastic program, but requires lots and lots of patience. As you may or may not know, the program is designed to help eliminate extra body fat, build lean muscle tissue, and improve general athleticism. Also, it is designed to break plateaus, which means that you should expect to see the most dramatic results during the last phase (the last 4ish weeks). This means, stick it out! Don't weigh yourself more than three or four times during the entire program. Use before and after photos and body fat measurements as your guide rather than scale numbers.

I highly suggest using the P90X nutrition plan - or at least calculating the number and type of calories your body will require during the program, and strictly following the ratios. You will hear many times during the 90 that the diet is more than 50% of your results, and it seems to me that this is probably true. If you do the exercises but do your own diet, you will feel stronger, more flexible and have a higher level of endurance, but you may not "see" the changes in the mirror.

Finally, this isn't an easy program. You will need to learn to push yourself as far as you can, and not get frustrated by things you cannot do. I have been modifying about 1/2 the exercises, but still working harder than I ever thought I could.

I highly recommend this program. But if you start it, plan on finishing it. Don't let interim scale measurements or exercise difficulties dissuade you from fighting onward. P90X is not just going to get you fit, it will steal your brain and reshape it before returning it to your healthier body. It's a 90 day course on motivation, will power, and most importantly, on not quitting on yourself.
  • samlankford
    samlankford Posts: 334
    Options
    I know people that did p90x, they had great results! But once the program was done they went right back to their old habits and gained all the weight back... I personally have completed P90X2, AWESOME results, I am starting the P90X2/Insanity hybrid challenge on Monday, cannot freaking wait!!
  • jailee813
    jailee813 Posts: 29
    Options
    I've really enjoyed the p90x workouts but I feel as if its lacking a tad bit on intense cardio. If that is one of you goals I suggest modifying it and replacing some days with insanity for an all around great cardio/weight training routine. Good luck!
  • Curlytop539
    Options
    Is anybody in there late forties that did this program and was over weight?
  • quixoteQ
    quixoteQ Posts: 484
    Options
    Is anybody in there late forties that did this program and was over weight?

I don't know about here, but there are many, many, many on the official Beachbody forum (the home for several routines, including P90X). Get yourself a free account at Beachbody.com and check it out. Good luck!