ZIG ZAGGING CALORIES??

Options
Has anyone zig-zaged calories? If so how did it work for you? I have been doing som research, i am very interested, but it seems like a lot of calories to consume, compared to the 1270 I am calculated to consume on MFP, then of course whatever exercise I perform as well. When I researched it, i input my weight,height,that i am a female, and my exercise frequency and type. It calculated me to consume 1832 cal on M-TU-THUR-FRI-SUN.... and then on WED 2199 cal and SAT 2016 cal...... that just seems like A LOT of calories than what I am eating now.

Now I have lost 25#'s since Jan.9th, so what I am doing is working, but I am afraid of the YO-YO effect my calorie cutting will cause me. I don't know. Opinions please!

Replies

• janorris82
    Options
    Anyone!?
  • NotParis
    NotParis Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    My husbands bariatric dietician told us that there is some new research that shows eating higher cals one day and eating lower the next is beneficial in loosing weight. But she was talking net cals, (after exercise) and she said 900 net cals on day and 1200 net cals the next. I don't know if this is what you were thinking but she mentioned that to us.
  • autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    Has anyone zig-zaged calories? If so how did it work for you? I have been doing som research, i am very interested, but it seems like a lot of calories to consume, compared to the 1270 I am calculated to consume on MFP, then of course whatever exercise I perform as well. When I researched it, i input my weight,height,that i am a female, and my exercise frequency and type. It calculated me to consume 1832 cal on M-TU-THUR-FRI-SUN.... and then on WED 2199 cal and SAT 2016 cal...... that just seems like A LOT of calories than what I am eating now.

Now I have lost 25#'s since Jan.9th, so what I am doing is working, but I am afraid of the YO-YO effect my calorie cutting will cause me. I don't know. Opinions please!

What site did you use to do the calculations? I would love to try it...I have heard that it helps to make your body keep guessing which keeps it burning cals....It sounds good to me... :)

*Also, if you go to the top of this page & click on search - Put in zig zag & there are other posts about this which may help you out too...HTH! :)

I just checked out this site which does it for you as well...I may try this b/c now I am curious...lol

http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm