25 lbs down in 3 1/2 months! (pics)

Options
jill92787
jill92787 Posts: 158 Member
Hi guys,

I started with MFP again around New Year's. I used it 4 years ago in college and lost 55 lbs (230 lbs -175 lbs) in about 9 months. I kept it off too! Then about 2 years ago I joined the Navy, and that really helped me keep the weight down, and I even lost 10 more lbs (165 lbs) although that was hard to keep off.. Unfortunately the last year has not been so kind to my health and I have had a fractured neck from a car accident, a heart infection, two miscarriages and surgery. I've been on four kinds of birth control, countless narcotic pain killers and muscle relaxers, and a million other things. Through all of that, I couldn't work out for several months, and in fact the neurosurgeon told me I was lucky I could walk. So, between August and January my weight SOARED. I went from a well muscled 165-170 lbs (at 5'8'') to 199 lbs at the doctor's office December 30. I kept remembering in college how good it felt to break that 200 lb barrier and how I promised myself I would never have to again, because I was never going to get that big again, and I felt so terrible. I couldn't believe how far my weight had slipped. I've never been the greatest at being super strict on what I eat. I eat pretty good most of the time, but it's a grey area haha. I always have relied on working out to keep me from gaining again, and it worked, while I was able to work out. But for the 4-6 months that I couldn't really work out? I was even less careful with my diet. :ohwell:

After I came back from holiday leave the Navy weighed me in at 199 lbs, and 34% body fat. I was still on light duty (I had surgery over my Christmas leave) and I was TAD to school anyway, so since then I have been to command PT about 6 times since. I have done this on my own time. Last week we had our PRT (physical readiness test) and they weighed me in at 177 (I'm 174 today haha) and 28% body fat! My goal is by this fall PRT to weigh in at 155 and body fat of 24% or lower!

Here's the motivational draw:

15243419_3218.jpg

15243419_2134.jpg

15243419_4071.jpg

15243419_7678.jpg

Replies

• Amybcb
    Amybcb Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Wow - nice job! And I must say that was a crappy year!! Glad the surgery went well and hope you are feeling much much better!
  • christopherweir
    Options
    You look amazing, keep up the great work! You are a source of motivation for everyone.
  • HelloSweetie4
    HelloSweetie4 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Way to bounce back! Congrats!
  • ProjFit
    ProjFit Posts: 143
    Options
    You look great! glad to see you back on here!
  • hanna6774
    hanna6774 Posts: 225
    Options
    Hang in there! You are doing great!:flowerforyou:
  • bethhyg
    bethhyg Posts: 209
    Options
    Congrats on getting on the right path. Sorry for having such a bummer of a year. But this year is a new year for you.. So keep on keeping on.
  • hart4life
    hart4life Posts: 15
    Options
    Great job! Congrats!
  • strongandhealthy78
    strongandhealthy78 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Glad you are feeling better! You look great, too! Congratulations!!!
  • mammakisses
    mammakisses Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    You look great!
  • Arwhite1865
    Arwhite1865 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Wow! Look how big of a difference there is just in your January-April pictures! Amazing!
  • LeanerBeef
    LeanerBeef Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    Wow! Congrats!!
  • jill92787
    Options
    Thanks guys! I know I still have a lot of work ahead of me to get to where I want to be, but I am really proud of how far I've come so far!
  • grainne_eire
    Options
    You are so inspiring! For someone to go through what you have and still have the determination you have is incredible. Keep it up!!! :)
  • courtrptr13
    courtrptr13 Posts: 272
    Options
    You're looking great! Keep up the good work!
  • birdi0421
    birdi0421 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    You look great and good for you for taking care of yourself!! Hope this year is much better for you!
  • dvisser1
    dvisser1 Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    Wow, what a year to have to go through. I'm glad you have kept your spirits up and kept the sense of determination to heal and get your body fully healthy again. Being positive and staying focused are key.

As for your photos, you look really good now!
  • Tara4boys
    Tara4boys Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    I would never have guessed you were close to 200 in your January pix. You have a lot of lean mass! WTG!!!

Are you still taking the diet pills?
  • jill92787
    Options
    I would never have guessed you were close to 200 in your January pix. You have a lot of lean mass! WTG!!!

Are you still taking the diet pills?

No one EVER thinks I weigh as much as I do, no matter what my weight is, which I suppose is a really good thing but it can be frustrating sometimes haha. Last October my BF at the time thought I weighed 125. Bless his heart, he and I are still friends and I am never telling him how much I weigh! haha.

The phentermine? No, my doc only had me take them for a little while to kickstart things. After the year I had I started working out again and eating really well and not a single ounce would fall off my body for over 2 months, probably because I had been sedentary for so long.

Note, before someone else reads the words "diet pills" and thinks they need to jump on a high horse, it is a prescription medication that my doctor and I decided on together as a helpful spark to get me started again, not some "magic pill" or whatever and PLEASE, if you don't respect my decision to take them, keep that opinion to yourself. I don't really care, because only I know my own story, which means I'm the only one who needs to judge it and live with it. :) Thanks.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!