Not gettigng results, I expected..Suggestions?

Options
Hello Everyone,

I am very confused. I am a numbers girl.. I have been losing weight. :-) My problem is that I don't see inch loss. I have gained on my arms and shoulders. So getting more hourglass but my trouble spot. Not an inch. I have lost 10lbs since November 2011. Not perfect but not terrible. I don't have to lose much. I am now 142lbs.. Why is my tummy still 34 inches as it was back in November. I had a trainer. Gave up since I didn't get the results I thought I would. I am going to continue on.. What advice do you have? What should I do? I weight train and do cardio, adjusted my diet.

I am at a loss... Based on what I read, I should have had some change there. I do core exercises. I seriously contemplating surgery. I don't see what else to do.. I am not being lazy... ???????

Replies

• theartichoke
    theartichoke Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    What is your BMR and TDEE? How many calories do you eat a day? How often do you workout a week? Sorry, I know that's a lot of questions but the people here can help with more info!
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    Fat comes off the way it wants to come off, and there's nothing you can do naturally to spot reduce.
  • Sharonks
    Sharonks Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    My tummy is my trouble zone and is always the last to go. I always feel that since it contains the most fat it should get a jump on the rest of my body but noooooo. I always lose in my boobs and butt first, 2 places there isn't enough.
  • moegomes
    moegomes Posts: 16
    Options
    What is your BMR and TDEE? How many calories do you eat a day? How often do you workout a week? Sorry, I know that's a lot of questions but the people here can help with more info!

NO issues on the questions, really. Hoping to make some adjustment to help my inch loss. BMR, I believe (based on calculators) 1422.. TDEE - 2204 I workout 3 days out of the week. I have 3 boys, so I am active with them as well.. Generally walk to school in the PMs weather permitting. I don't sit around much, with 6 in the household, there is plenty to do in the house everyday. Actual calories, I stopped keeping track. I was doing about 1400 calories when I was. I am eating the same for the most part. Don't think calories should be an issue really.. esp since I am losing weight.
  • theartichoke
    theartichoke Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Go to this group and have a read through the posts, maybe you can find some answers here. The ladies who started this group also strength train and the changes to their bodies, in inches, is inspiring!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/3834-eat-more-to-weigh-less
  • NWdreaming
    NWdreaming Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    It sucks but your tummy might be the last place you see the loss of inches! Everyone is different and maybe your body is going to hold onto that area until the end! My tummy is shrinking SLOWLY and I have a lot of weight to lose. I've noticed every other part shrinking quicker than the belly. It's rough but I know it will happen.

Stay strong!

11490831.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • toasterlisa
    toasterlisa Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Does it occur to you that your "trouble spots" are only trouble to you?

People around you may not even notice them, so stop obsessing.

An earlier poster was correct, you cannot "spot reduce", so just keep working toward your goal.

Best wishes to all on your health and wellness journey,
  • Drastiic
    Drastiic Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Actual calories, I stopped keeping track. I was doing about 1400 calories when I was. I am eating the same for the most part. Don't think calories should be an issue really.. esp since I am losing weight.

Calories has everything to do with it.