INSANITY LOVERS!!

Options
Hi there!

Are you about to start, in the middle of, or have completed Insanity?

Did you follow the meal plan 40/30/30 or did you just stick to eating a healthy balanced diet?

Did you lose inches or pounds? Also how long did it take to see those results?

I started on Tuesday, I find it hard work and I do whinge about it but I do like it really... (don't tell my friends...hehehe) I haven't lost anything although I was hoping I would have shed a half pound by now.. I know I shouldn't expect to see instant results... Im not following the meal plan and I don't have time to start getting into the shakes etc... I'm eating healthy tho and trying to incorporate more protein less carbs.. Saying that, it would be interesting so see the different takes of ladies similar to me and theirs journey with Insanity???

SW: 180
CW: 147
GW: 133
5, 6"
29yo

Replies

• Qattusa
    Qattusa Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I KNEW you loved it really!!!!!!!!!

Okay, I haven't really gotten into what I am doing much, but here goes.

I am following the Slim Fast plan during weekdays, making a thick smoothie with frozen fruit. I TRY to eat healthily whilst at work, and if there isn't anything decent to eat, then I will stick to nuts and protein bars with fruit, salad or soup to get my veg in.

My previous weight was over 200lbs, but I am starting all afresh, so:

CW: 179
    GW: 135
    5'5
    30 yo.

My previous measurements are on a laptop whose power cable decided to blow up, so till I get a new one, I can't access it. However, i will send you my shocking bellllllly measurements when I get home from work on Monday.

Exciting stuff!
  • getthisweightgone
    Options
    Are you about to start, in the middle of, or have completed Insanity?
    ANSWER:
    I only completed the first month, because my foot started hurting from jumping around.

Did you follow the meal plan 40/30/30 or did you just stick to eating a healthy balanced diet?
    ANSWER:
    I did NOT follow the diet plan, but I ate minimal, and sometimes protein shakes. I lost 15 pounds simply by doing the first month.

Did you lose inches or pounds? Also how long did it take to see those results?
    ANSWER:
    I went from 288 to 270 JUST from Insanity. I plan to get on it again.

BUT I wasn't able to do a lot of the stuff I did try doing it a different way or compensate doing something else - just as long as I was moving my body.

I started on Tuesday, I find it hard work and I do whinge about it but I do like it really... (don't tell my friends...hehehe) I haven't lost anything although I was hoping I would have shed a half pound by now.. I know I shouldn't expect to see instant results... Im not following the meal plan and I don't have time to start getting into the shakes etc... I'm eating healthy tho and trying to incorporate more protein less carbs.. Saying that, it would be interesting so see the different takes of ladies similar to me and theirs journey with Insanity???

YOU WON'T SEE RESULTS THE FIRST FEW DAYS. I would not worry about so much if you've lost weight or inches, because that will come off throughout the INSANITY work out.

I WOULD pay attention to doing the motions correctly, and are you breathing easy. Seeing if the movements/motions are coming easier to you...those are results too!

But great job on sticking to their diet plan.
    SW: 180
    CW: 147
    GW: 133
    5, 6"
    29yo

I only completed the first month, because my foot started hurting from jumping around.

I went from 288 to 270 JUST from Insanity. I plan to get on it again.
  • Qattusa
    Qattusa Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your post - its awesome to hear from people who have experienced it. I haven't seen much results wise, but I'm only just completing Week 2.

Hope your foot got better! x
  • Katelyn81
    Options
    I'm finishing week 2 today. I am not following the diet plan at all. I am eating a low fat diet daily as well as slim fast on some days. I was dieting bout a week- 10 days before starting insanity and only weighed myself once after starting the insanity workout. I've lost about 25 pounds total since but I do not see a difference yet. I'm hoping when I see my family tomorrow that haven't seen me in a month will notice a change

CW: 227
    GW: if I get anywhere between130-160 I will be happy
    5'3"
    30yr
  • Altruista75
    Altruista75 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I just finished month 1 of round 2 of Insanity today! The 1st time through the program I only lost like 4 pounds but 10 inches. I'm hoping this time around to lose more but I'm also doing the 30 day shred along with Insanity. I can definitely tell the improvement from doing these workouts for the 2nd time around. I now know how to focus on holding my core in this time. I didn't figure that out until the last week of month 2 last time! Also, I never followed the nutrition guide and definitely wasn't eating enough the 1st time through. I've drastically upped my protein intake this time around! Hoping it pays off!! Recovery week starts on Monday! Good luck everyone!
  • Expialidojess
    Expialidojess Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    My husband and I just finished month 1 of insanity and are starting our recovery week tomorrow. It has been hard but surprisingly a lot of fun. We changed our diets since we were eating out a lot too. I'm at about 45/30/25. I have lost 13 pounds and 4 inches in my stomach. My hubby has lost 17 lbs so far.
  • teenasbody
    teenasbody Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Hello All

I am starting Insanity on Monday and plan on following the meal plan.

SW 167 (Nov 2009)

CW145 ( today Just back from Miami Vacation LOL)

GW125 ( by July 4th)

Height 4'10"

Age 40
  • schninie82
    schninie82 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    I just finished month 1 of round 2 of Insanity today! The 1st time through the program I only lost like 4 pounds but 10 inches. I'm hoping this time around to lose more but I'm also doing the 30 day shred along with Insanity. I can definitely tell the improvement from doing these workouts for the 2nd time around. I now know how to focus on holding my core in this time. I didn't figure that out until the last week of month 2 last time! Also, I never followed the nutrition guide and definitely wasn't eating enough the 1st time through. I've drastically upped my protein intake this time around! Hoping it pays off!! Recovery week starts on Monday! Good luck everyone!

Thank you for posting this, I will definitley think about holding in the stomach more, most of the time doing insanity Im just trying to keep upand Im waaaaaaaaay outta breath! haha, maybe I should slow it down to get the technique rather than race through it...! My cal allowance is 1550 and its 40/30/30 which I think is reasonable... i know protein is key but Im woried about eating tooo much of it as i know it can affect the kidneys in later life, I feel better being cautious... I think averaging at 100g is good enough. Thanks again for your advice!
  • schninie82
    Options
    My husband and I just finished month 1 of insanity and are starting our recovery week tomorrow. It has been hard but surprisingly a lot of fun. We changed our diets since we were eating out a lot too. I'm at about 45/30/25. I have lost 13 pounds and 4 inches in my stomach. My hubby has lost 17 lbs so far.

Wow that sounds fantastic, well done to you and hubby!xx
  • Vegan_Runner
    Vegan_Runner Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I mostly lost inches. I lost maybe 5 lbs but dropped two sizes. I just stick to my normal diet, I don't use the one they have listed.
  • debgcook
    debgcook Posts: 64
    Options
    I love it. I attend a class call "R.I.P.P.E.D. One Stop Shock Body Workout ". It is very similar to Insanity, however it is a bit simplier for some people but you still get great burned. Check in your area and see if there is a class near you who teaches it. You will be glad you did!!
    Web for this is: http://www.rippedusa.com hit the tab HOME and you will get to see the sight and place where it may teach.
  • schninie82
    Options
    I'm finishing week 2 today. I am not following the diet plan at all. I am eating a low fat diet daily as well as slim fast on some days. I was dieting bout a week- 10 days before starting insanity and only weighed myself once after starting the insanity workout. I've lost about 25 pounds total since but I do not see a difference yet. I'm hoping when I see my family tomorrow that haven't seen me in a month will notice a change

CW: 227
    GW: if I get anywhere between130-160 I will be happy
    5'3"
    30yr

woah.... thats amazing, took me months to loose 25lb!
  • schninie82
    Options
    I mostly lost inches. I lost maybe 5 lbs but dropped two sizes. I just stick to my normal diet, I don't use the one they have listed.

Well if I dropped to a size 8 from 12 I'd be extremely happy!! These results just get better, glad I started it now! Thanks for the info!
  • Vilmavamp
    Vilmavamp Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I haven't lost lbs yet but I can certainly tell a difference in the way I am able to do the workouts. I love it.