I'm sorry.....

Options
I'll just apologize first 'cause I'm just going to babble. I don't know what's up with me today. I'm eating (and very well I might add), I have exercised every day and really starting to step it up, the sun is shining, it's beautiful out - and I just feel blah. I know all the right things to say and do to make everyone else feel better, and I say all the right things and smile to make sure they think I'm ok too, but today I just can't do it. Instead of admiring everyone's before and afters, I find myself comparing again. So wrong and I am definitely not practicing what I preach. I've lost twice as much as some and their transformations are amazing, while mine....not so much. Don't get me wrong, there is definitely a big difference just not the WOW factor I see in some of you. I don't begrudge anyone else and their success I just feel like I'm fighting a losing battle today (sorry for the pun). I'm fighting that urge to eat less, lose more and fast urge right now even though I absolutely know that I cannot and will not go that route. A few day's ago some kid's drove by in a car and moo'd at me when I was walking, I didn't think much at the time but I guess it really got to me. Oh and what's really weird is just yesterday I had a wonderful NSV too!! I took my son to rugby and you know how they cut holes in chain link fences as a pass through? Last year I couldn't get my leg up and over, never mind not being able to fit through the hole - and yesterday I did it no problem. It certainly wasn't graceful, but I fit through - I was thrilled and now grrrrrr. Anyhow, thanks for taking the time to read and listen to my whining. I'm going to get my @$$ outside and walk - I know I'll feel better and it's exactly what I'd tell someone else to do!

Replies

• tat2dmrsgrimm
    tat2dmrsgrimm Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean. I am just starting out, but this is not my first trip down the weight loss road. Sometimes it is so frustrating to see someone who has lost 30 pound and reached their goal and looks great and I have lost the same and still look like a ate the person who reached their goal. I just want to be able to keep up with my kids and be in less pain. (My back is a mess) I also want to take my son to the amusement park and be able to fit COMFORTABLY in the rides with the belt fastened. And if I ever (doubtful) get on a plane again, it would be nice if the buckle didn't cut into my belly blubber. So keep your chin up. You are not the only one who looks at other and thinks that it is not fair.
  • quixoteQ
    quixoteQ Posts: 484
    Options
    I don't begrudge anyone else and their success I just feel like I'm fighting a losing battle today

. . . on the other hand, you've lost 61 lbs. Onward!
  • GypsyWildflower
    Options
    Exactly what quixoteQ said.. you've come so far! Further than most of us can push ourselves. You've noticed changes, even small ones, and that's enough that you can keep charging. Kick some *kitten* and give yourself some more kudos!
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    We ALL have days like this, whether we admit to them or not! Some days, no matter what, the motivation just wanes, and there isn't much that can be done about it from your end.

That's an excellent NSV by the way! Don't let the stupid kids get you down either. They are being mean so they feel better about themselves. I hate that too. Just not cool.

I hope that this message finds you in better spirits! Sometimes getting moving really helps beyond normal expectations.

lookdown.jpg