P90X Diet Questions

Options
btm03
btm03 Posts: 38 Member
Starting P90X on Monday. I have some questions that need answered before beginning.

1) I was told chocolate milk (skim milk and nestle quik) can be substituted for the recovery formula. How much should I drink?

2) I am not a vegetarian and do eat meat, but don't know if I can the right amount of protein per day unless I use some of the vegetarian options (beans, hummus, cottage cheese, yogurt, etc). These items are listed as protein for vegetarians but are listed as carbs or dairy for non-vegetarians. How should I track them?

3) Is peanut butter a condiment or fat?

4) It mentions that mini rice cakes can be an option for a snack, are these plain ones or can I eat flavored ones?

Replies

• miksmomma2011
    miksmomma2011 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    In response to your question about substituting chocolate milk for the recovery drink: you should really consider doing a protein shake instead of chocolate milk. The protein shake will have everything your body needs to recover from P90x's vigorous workout. Also, chocolate milk has too much sugar in it.

Same with the rice cakes: I would stay away from the flavored ones. You really want to watch your sugar intake.

Good luck with P90X! I did it before I got married. It is great for building muscle. If you are looking for a great cardio workout that yields great weight loss, you should try Insanity. I love it! The workouts are around 40 minutes long (includes warm up and cool down) and you drop weight quick. I have been doing it for 3 weeks and have dropped 8 inches and 6 lbs. already.

Again, good luck and have fun with whatever workout you go with!
  • btm03
    btm03 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Bump :-) I would love more answers or people's thoughts. Thanks!