Natural ways to cleanse colon and remove water weight

Options
Looking for tips. I have never done a "detox" before and was interested in doing something to cleanse my colon and remove any access water weight. Any advice?

Replies

• BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    More fibre in your diet (fruits & veg) drink more water and less processed foods and you body will do the rest for you. In terms of "detox" your liver & kidneys do an admirable job all by themselves.
  • BarbWhite09
    BarbWhite09 Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    Eat clean...Don't eat processed junk & your body will thank you. There are a lot of week pre-diet cleanses that you can find online. Most involve just natural food & tons of water to flush your system.
  • Sl1ghtly
    Sl1ghtly Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    This mornings colon cleanse was greatly aided by the arrival of the April issue of Science News. My bowels were evacuated by the time I finished reading Deception aides crayfish fighters by Rebecca Cheung.
  • campi_mama
    campi_mama Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Tons of non-starchy vegetables & water.....your body will do the rest :smile:
  • josol1971
    josol1971 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    More fibre in your diet (fruits & veg) drink more water and less processed foods and you body will do the rest for you. In terms of "detox" your liver & kidneys do an admirable job all by themselves.

^^This^^ I will also add that a natural "cleanse" for me comes shortly after having a spinach shake. Very good and good for you. Good luck.
  • loves_jc
    loves_jc Posts: 86 Member
    Options

^^This^^ I will also add that a natural "cleanse" for me comes shortly after having a spinach shake. Very good and good for you. Good luck.
  • loves_jc
    loves_jc Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    what is the recipe for spinach shake
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options
    At your age, your colon shouldn't need "cleansing". Eat a balanced diet. Sometimes if you start doing things to your body, your body becomes dependent on it, where there should be no need. For instance: It's like in the old days when the MEN doctors seemed to think douching every day was a necessity to keep a woman "clean". Your body already has methods of keeping its internal self clean, all the doctors did was cause undue infections by messing up the internal balance already in place, then they had you use some "medication" to make it better, which made it worse. Leave your body alone. If you develop a problem, *then* go to a doctor. If you are diagnosed with a medical problem *then* you should do what's appropriate to get back to normal.
  • autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    This for me!! (Spincach Shake recipe - I would love to have it)

For OP - I would go to some place like GNC & talk with them....They have a few cleanses that seem to be good...I never have tried one but have asked about them on numerous occasions b/c I have thought about doing one in the past. HTH! :)
  • DarkNebula84
    DarkNebula84 Posts: 445 Member
    Options

I know you were not asking me but mine is just some frozen fruit, half a banana, couple handfuls of spinach and water.
  • CaroSeraMince
    Options
    It's called "poopin'," and humans are quite adept at it. Also the aforementioned liver and kidneys. It's their job. This cleanse stuff is BS. My boyfriend's Dad is a colorectal surgeon and one of the fastest ways to get him worked up is to ask him his professional opinion on cleanses.
  • Poynterina
    Options
    I suggest artichokes. Nothing makes my tummy flatter.
  • Sl1ghtly
    Sl1ghtly Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    It's called "poopin'," and humans are quite adept at it. Also the aforementioned liver and kidneys. It's their job. This cleanse stuff is BS. My boyfriend's Dad is a colorectal surgeon and one of the fastest ways to get him worked up is to ask him his professional opinion on cleanses.

True. The GNC sells all kind of shiit.
  • chrishgt4
    chrishgt4 Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    Supposedly pineapple can help with bloating, also less wheat if you have intolerances.

With regard to cleansing - it's been said above but to reiterate, your body does it for you. Don't 'clean' it. It really isn't healthy. There are bacteria there that are working for you that you will end up flushing out.
  • behappydance
    Options
    I agree with all of the above. I also think doing green smoothies helps a lot. Just use a green of some sort (spinach, kale) some water, a banana and I use a little bit of stevia extract to help with flavor and blend it all up..I've heard you need a special blender like a vitamix, but I don't have the $ for one right now and my current blender is brand new so it works really well. I looooove me some green smoothie. Only about 100 calories if you do it right.
  • jvavra724
    jvavra724 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I used the Advocare Herbal Cleanse last year and I feel like it helped some.. but it also involved drinking a not-so-delicious fiber drink, which wasn't fun.. But recently I bought milled flax seed and I've been randomly adding it to things I eat because I've heard it helps cleanse your digestive system! I put 2 tablespoons in my oatmeal the first day but it made it taste kind of weird and the consistency was pretty thick.. so today I put only 1 tablespoon in my oatmeal and later put 1 tablespoon in my protein shake and it was much more manageable! Anyways, my advice is to get some milled flax seed! I bought the Wild Roots brand at Wal-Mart and it wasn't expensive or anything! I hope that helps you some! :)
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options

I couldn't have said it better! This exactly. Lots of water will work like a natural colon cleanse. No need to buy an expensive kit or product.
  • el223029
    el223029 Posts: 26
    Options
    If you want to do a serious cleanse you can go to any natural food type store (think planet organic) and they have an entire section dedicated to different cleanses. I do one once or twice a year to flush out any junk that has accumulated in me. I typically do a seven day one which gives you just a simple fibre powder to take with meals. It makes a world of difference to me! I always feel so much better, even after just the third day. And yes... of course you loose a little bit of water weight and your stomach is very flat afterwards
  • OpenHeaven
    OpenHeaven Posts: 275 Member
    Options

All true!!! I LOVE me some spinach smoothies!!! I throw some kale in mine too - it's GREAT!!!
  • unicornpoop
    unicornpoop Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    If I feel particularly backed up I will eat 2-3 apples throughout the day. That or 1-2 apples and lots of broccoli at dinner. Does the trick.