I'm proud of myself!:)

Options
Yay me!! lol I went shopping, and bought GOOD stuff! lol, apples, avocado's, broc, spinach, chicken, onions, bell peppers, whole wheat tortillas, greek yogurt, and my first protein powder! :)
I'm excited to try new healthy recipes this week, and get my son to eat it too:) Just had to share my little 'proud' moment, even though it may seem stupid or small to some, it's big to me! ;)

Replies

• mission_possible
    Options
    Way to go!! The best thing you can do for yourself is to give yourself the tools you need to succeed and weed out all the temptations. Great job!
  • Dietz27
    Dietz27 Posts: 107
    Options
    Sounds like a great trip! My boys have been eating what my wife and I are eating and for the most part they have liked everything. Maybe we parents ARE doing something right afterall!!
  • ems1583
    ems1583 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    That's great! I feel for you, I was like that before, whenever I do my grocery I check the calories, everything should be low fat, fat-free, less cal, lots of fruits and no processed foods. It feels good! Later I'll be doing my grocery, but now still browsing for healthy recipes I can make. Keep it up! :)
  • badgranola
    badgranola Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    That is so awesome! I always feel so great when I come home from the store with bags of GOOD food :) My 8 year old son is picky, but he's been adjusting to the new way of eating around here
  • badgranola
    badgranola Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    That's great! I feel for you, I was like that before, whenever I do my grocery I check the calories, everything should be low fat, fat-free, less cal, lots of fruits and no processed foods. It feels good! Later I'll be doing my grocery, but now still browsing for healthy recipes I can make. Keep it up! :)

Check out skinnytaste.com if you haven't already! I LOVE her recipes. Everything I've made has been a hit. Also you can incorporate ziplist and get a shopping list right on your smartphone :)
  • mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    Not stupid or anything else except kudos to you! You are doing the right things and keep up the great work!
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    sounds delish!
  • ems1583
    ems1583 Posts: 180 Member
    Options

Check out skinnytaste.com if you haven't already! I LOVE her recipes. Everything I've made has been a hit. Also you can incorporate ziplist and get a shopping list right on your smartphone :)

thanks! I'm gonna check that out. I'm browsing now at allrecipes.com and its a new thing for me. I have lots of fresh seafood I bought thats why looking for recipes for it. :)
  • chocoholicdiva
    chocoholicdiva Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! You're doing great!!! And, by what you've listed for your groceries, you're also making me hungry!!! LOL