C25K which program do I follow?

Options
I've decided I want to try the C25K program so have been looking online. Only problem is I've found more than one workout timetable for it and they are both really different to each other! One says I should start day 1 with a 5 mnute warm up walk then jogging for 60sec and then walk for 90sec and repeat for 20 minutes. Another one I found says day one should be doing a 5 minute warm up walk, 2 minutes jogging and 5 minutes walking. They are so different I don't what to do! Help! :)

Replies

• melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    I dont know that those are THAT different!

Just pick one, and go for it!
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    Depends on you. Try one, if it doesn't work so well, try another. I particularly like the one on coolrunning.com. Worked well for me. Except that it took me nearly twice as long to complete it as they said it should. LOL!
  • latashababygirl
    latashababygirl Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    This is what I am going by http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml and I downloaded app that helps me during the workout. It tells me when to walk and when to jog so that helps the workout go by smoother instead of being so focused on the time you are walking and jogging.
  • lilyvale68
    lilyvale68 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I did the run 60 seconds/walk 90 seconds repeat for 20 minutes version. It works great! I was a lifelong non runner and now I have completed week 7 (running 25 minutes straight) and will starting week 8 (running 28 minutes straight) tomorrow. A true miracle I tell ya! :)
  • Fitfaery
    Fitfaery Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I like DJ Beatsmiths MP3 downloads version. You don't have to look at your watch all the time and the beats help you regulate your speed. xx
  • courtneymal17
    courtneymal17 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    i did the 60 second running one for the frst week...i ended up using the 'get running' app on my ipod. it's worked out very well for me so far...i'm technically in the 8th week, but i've now ran 3.1 miles twice (it took me 50 minutes, but i actually ran the whole thing both times)
  • beccarockslife
    beccarockslife Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Cool Runnings is the original one on the web. I use the Active.com app and really get on with it.
  • Newf77
    Newf77 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Either way you are going to reach the same end goal. The 5 minute warm-up is really important then depending on your starting ability, you can decide if you want to rest or run longer. I started at running longer with short rests {IMO} this prepares you for longer distances sooner.