My first day here!

Options
Hi everyone,

Just had some scary tests at the hospital and forget looking good, I seriously need to lose weight for health and for LIFE! I'm determined to stop blaming family history, my heavy travel schedule and other things I use to eat what I want and not exercise!

I hope you'll all help and I can be an encouragement, too. I did like Weight Watchers Online but couldn't afford it anymore. How nice to find you!

Pam

Replies

• Bjwurtz1128
    Options
    Pam your going to love it here... Good for you for taking the first steps, Feel Free to add me :)
  • MommyPatriot
    MommyPatriot Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You took the first step! Good for you. YOU are important enough to put all YOU can into this journey. Feel free to ask for support when you need it. Best wishes!
  • teresaturnbull1976
    Options
    Welcome. You'll find loads of support on here, i've been here since Monday and it's great to talk to people about our struggles with weight, instead of hiding from it. x
  • babyann79
    babyann79 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!! This is an awesome place to be. So many motivating and supportive people! I love it here!! I'll send u a friend request!
  • bellawares
    bellawares Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the first step of the rest of your life :flowerforyou:
  • MzCongeniality70
    MzCongeniality70 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Good for you! You will find tons of support here. Feel free to add me, I would enjoy going on this journey with you. :flowerforyou:
  • littleworm23
    littleworm23 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site and good luck in your journey. :)
  • Jsphevn
    Jsphevn Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi Pam,

Today is also my first day and with determination we have many days to come. Good luck to you and all of your goals. :smile:

Celia
  • vampgirl57
    Options
    Welcome Pam, well done for taking that first step, it is hard I think we all know that. We are here when you need any help and encouragement and help you on your journey to a healthier and fitter you! :flowerforyou:
  • Stac2004
    Stac2004 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Hi Pam - this site is great and there's so much support. Best of luck and you are taking a good first step. Please feel free to add me !
  • lgalloway1940
    lgalloway1940 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! The support is great here.
  • skinnyme47
    skinnyme47 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Welcome to mfp. :smile:
  • Vegan_Runner
    Vegan_Runner Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Welcome! We are hear to help
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP and good luck!
  • Loislaine61
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. You've come to the right place. Good for you for taking charge of your health. :flowerforyou:

The more you use this site the more success you'll have. :drinker:
  • Junkin60
    Junkin60 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey Shrinking Pam, I am a Pam too. i have been in weight watchers 10m times. This year, I lost and gained 20mpounds.
    Speaking of scary tests.... I had breast cancer that did not motivate me...Recently, I decided I want to get off pills for all the conditions that fat has caused. High cholesterol, triglicerides,high blood pressure and pre Diabetes. I started getting crackin with a trainer in Dec and have lost about 40 pounds.

And I am 62 so it is never too late. I feel better and stronger, more energy, sleep better, etc.

Keep working on it.You will feel so much better.
  • johnxmp
    johnxmp Posts: 6
    Options
    Hi, feel free to add me, John
  • Karen918
    Karen918 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Welcome. I know what you mean, I have diabetes and I just want to be healthier. Since I have been on here, I have lost 8 lbs which is great, but my blood sugar numbers are where I see the most improvement, they are wayyyyy down!