Who lost 100+ pounds WITHOUT surgery ?

Options

Replies

• Tank184
    Tank184 Posts: 65
    Options
    Well not at a 100 yet but I am at 98L So close let you know in about a week! No gimmicks or anything else just eating right exercising my rear off literally!
  • myfriendamy
    myfriendamy Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I'm on my way! I've lost 75lbs and I have about 60-70 to go (I haven't decided on my goal weight yet, I just want to be comfortable)

I'm a chicken, so surgery was never TRULY an option. I'd think about it and daydream, but I know I could never do it. I have two friends who had it, but never changed their eating habits and gained it all back... and a work friend who had severe complications :(

I've done just about every diet out there - I even did doctor supervised optifast (all liquid diet) and didn't eat a single bite of food for 15 months (I lost 130lbs). but that didn't teach me how to eat, so 5 years later I was back to 300. so now, 9 months into MFP, I've changed my LIFESTYLE, and I'm making healthier choices.

it is possible! :) and in my opinion, more sustainable. :) best of luck!!
  • mermx
    mermx Posts: 976
    Options
    Welcome..... 34 months into this journey and have lost a few pounds... :-) Surgery was never an option... If I could not fix what was broken in my head then there was nothing surgery wise that was going to keep me from falling back on old habits... So just working my butt off and getting my head screwed on straight.... lol Best of Luck,,,

wow well done to you what an inspiration that is an absolutely awesome weight loss!!!!!

Also to all the other people on this thread that have lost such fantastic amounts.

You must all inspire people so much!!!

It just goes to show that if you put your mind to something then you can acheive it it may be hard but I am sure the feelings of pride must outweigh the feelings of succumbing to surgery and the after effects.

I applaud all of you for turning your lives around and giving inspiration to others on MFP :-)
  • BigMech
    BigMech Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    To date, I have lost 258 lbs with diet changes and exercise. It's taken me 2 years to get to this point. It definitely is a lifestyle change, and one for the much better.

I learned to track my calories so that I know how much I am eating in a day, and I go to the gym 5 days a week in the morning before work, and I now run a couple of days a week during lunch at work.
  • herstrawberri
    herstrawberri Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I have! I have! You just have to follow a plan and be ACCOUNTABLE to yourself. You also have to REALLY want to do it, body, mind and soul. Changing my mindset was the hardest obstacle. the weight loss it self...not so hard. =)
  • lovinmamaxo
    lovinmamaxo Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I've lost more than half 56lbs so far since apr 2011. This is the lowest weight i have been in over 5 years. You can definitely do it!
  • ShalisaClam
    ShalisaClam Posts: 190
    Options
    I'm soooo gonna be there!! It's funny how the last 3 doctors I saw (for different things) each recommended gastric bypass. I then proceeded to tell them that I'm already dieting - and doing well.
  • jiigglybutt
    jiigglybutt Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    wow. I am absolutely amazed! I don't fit in this thread... but all of you are so inspiring! Seeing how you all lost almost or over a hundred pounds! and the man that lost over 300!!! What an inspiration to EVERYBODY!
  • irisheyez718
    irisheyez718 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I haven't yet, but I will have by the time I'm done! This site has taught me everything I need to succeed, and the friends and support that I've made here can't be beat! You can do it!
  • ladyfingers39
    Options
    I haven't yet, but I WILL!!! :)
  • richx83
    richx83 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I have :smile: purely by walking, lots and lots of walking :)
  • junglejd13
    junglejd13 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Welcome..... 34 months into this journey and have lost a few pounds... :-) Surgery was never an option... If I could not fix what was broken in my head then there was nothing surgery wise that was going to keep me from falling back on old habits... So just working my butt off and getting my head screwed on straight.... lol Best of Luck,,,

So true^^^^ You are proof that weight loss is possible, I'm on my journey to loose over 100lbs, and know that I can accomplish it. You are a true inspiration!
  • AddA2UDE
    AddA2UDE Posts: 382
    Options
    I haven't but I do have some friends on here who have so I am posting in hopes that they may see this and add to your inspiration. There are a LOT of success stories here at MFP. They are all proof that anyone can do what they set their mind to. Best wishes!
  • wftiger
    wftiger Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    I'm almost there after just 5 1/2 months. Was hoping to hit 100 by 6 months but looking like it might be 7 but that is still fine with me.

Too many people said I couldn't do it and all the Drs. were trying to convince me to get surgery but it wasn't an option so I had to prove them wrong. I have been overweight since I was about 8 and obese since a freshman in high school. Since my 20 year high school reunion was a few years ago, that is certainly a long time that I have gotten used to this weight. It isn't easy by any means but if I can do it, anyone can do it.
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    I am going to lose well over 100+ without surgery! Add me!
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    I plan to lose 100lbs without any surgery or diet pills. I know it will be hard, but im 21.. I WANT to do this the hard way.

This. I want to be able to tell people I busted my @ss. I'm young enough to do this the old fashioned way and start ENJOYING exercise. I just want to be able to keep up with my skinny b!tch friends lol
  • jhardenbergh
    jhardenbergh Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    I started in January of 2011 and have lost over 100 lbs without surgery. It takes dedication and hardwork with or without the surgery. I think doing it without at least for me was easier than if I had the surgery. it takes a mindset but after the first month or so, it just becomes your life.
  • WendyKing1974
    WendyKing1974 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I've lost 156lbs, have 99lbs to go. WITHOUT surgery! There's actually a group on here called 100+ pounds with no surgery. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/3322-100-pounds-with-no-surgery
  • Erica27511
    Erica27511 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    To date, I have lost 258 lbs with diet changes and exercise. It's taken me 2 years to get to this point. It definitely is a lifestyle change, and one for the much better.

I learned to track my calories so that I know how much I am eating in a day, and I go to the gym 5 days a week in the morning before work, and I now run a couple of days a week during lunch at work.

That is truly inspirational!! And what an accomplishment...thank you for sharing :happy:
  • ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    I've lost more than 100 solely with exercise and better nutrition.