unclear on calorie intake

Options
i am 5'6", 155 lbs, 31 yrs old. my TDEE is 2307, my BMR is 1494. i average a calorie burn of 400-600 a day doing
P90X. What I need to know is do my net calories at the end of the day need to be at least 1494 to lose weight or
do i need to eat more or less with doing P90X? i really need some help, i have tried 1200 calorie intake after excercise,
i have upped calorie intake after excercise to 1400calories and i am still stuck at 155. i fluctuate between 153 and 156
just doesn't seem to go below that. What am i doing wrong. please help thank you in advance.

Replies

• nbsambucca
    nbsambucca Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Im going with the P90X suggestions in their nutrition book....it has me at 1800 a day..seems high but with the burn we get...id imagine its necessary. One thing w/P90X is it is heavy on weights so the after burn is more than just a cardio workout (idk if you're figuring that in)
  • wild_wild_life
    wild_wild_life Posts: 1,334 Member
    Options
    Many people suggest eating (netting) 10-20% below TDEE, which would be 1850 for you (2307x0.2=460 and 2307-460=1847). It seems likely you have not been eating enough. I would bump it up towards 1850 and see what happens. You should not worry about gaining weight at 1850 if you have figured out your TDEE correctly.
  • MisFitMom219
    MisFitMom219 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    1. put the scale away for a few weeks. 2. take measurements!

After months of ALWAYS eating my cals back, that my weight stayed the same, however my muscle gains were significant. Weight wise I lost maybe 4 lbs in 4-5months --but my hips went from 41 to 36, waist from 28 to 26/25.5...needless to say measurements are what counts! I ate anywhere from 1500-1900 on average, can't imagine going any lower --especially since your're active.

1200 is far too low. period. Now that you've upped your cals...go through & see where you're numbers are coming from...look into your macro counts to see where you stand. Everyone is different & their bodies respond differently --example my body showed significant improvements once I upped my protein...I just recently lowered my carbs/sugar & it's working. --I fall into the endo body type :/ Manipulate those numbers until you find what works for you!

Good Luck!