Two meals a day? Maybe even 3.

Options
I'm going to try it! Eating 4 - 6 smaller meals a day just doesn't work. I end up feeling more hungry, overeating, those "small" meals can easily lead to a bigger meal and I just don't feel satisfied. I found this. Interesting read, but it can be confusing when there are so many conflicting facts out there.

Has anyone tried this?

http://www.theiflife.com/2-meal-solution/

Replies

• Glucocorticoid
    Glucocorticoid Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    www.leangains.com

I just saved you $15.
  • tat2dmrsgrimm
    tat2dmrsgrimm Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I am a small meal and snacks all day grazer. It works for me and keeps me satisfied. To each their own.
  • ZugTheMegasaurus
    ZugTheMegasaurus Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    I used to try conforming to the 6-meal-a-day model and I was MISERABLE. I was irritable, stressed out, and the pressure I felt from trying to do it "right" was unbearable. I eventually realized that I didn't care if I did it "wrong" if the "right" way didn't work! So, flying in the face of conventional diet advice, I tend to wait several hours after getting up before eating (rather than forcing down a breakfast I'm not hungry for), eat very little throughout the day (usually just some fruit/nuts/vegetables), and consume the majority of my calories in one meal around 8PM. According to conventional wisdom, I shouldn't be seeing significant and long-term weight loss, but I am.

Pretty much anything that tells you to eat at a specific time or in certain intervals is bunk. Your body doesn't know what time it is. Find what works for you and do that; screw the rules and programs.
  • swatkins1c
    Options
    heres some advice for that..

The first day is gunna suck.
    Eat like 300 cals a meal eat every like two hours after 2 days you will be use to it

get some mints
    suck on them inbetween meals

if you are truely hungry between meals get a big peice of bread and eat it slow with water.

after two days you will basically adjust to it i didnt need mints after three days i never got hungry because every two hours no matter what i ate

make sure there is alot of veggies or rice in each meal 300 cals of veggies is ALOT of food
  • swatkins1c
    Options
    also if you cant handle every two hours just keep yourself busy take a walk dance play a game and tell yourself you can wait at least 30 more mins to eat. your body really takes like ten mins to proccess that you are full. but the point isnt to be full the point is to be satisfied
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    I eat 75% of my calories in one meal. The 6 meals a day to fire your metabolism is a myth. Don't make it harder then it need to be

Good luck
  • carrie_eggo
    carrie_eggo Posts: 1,396 Member
    Options
    www.leangains.com

I just saved you $15.

^^^^^:drinker:
  • ishallnotwant
    ishallnotwant Posts: 1,210 Member
    Options
    I tried the 6 meals per day thing when my kids were little and it just wasn't realistic for me to stop and eat that often. I'm totally happy now with my 3 meals + snack and I also don't find myself fantasizing about my next meal as I eat the current one because i'm always hungry. Do what your body responds to, if you aren't a 6 meal per day person, eat what you feel comfortable eating when you feel comfortable eating it.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Sure play around and see what feels best. As long as you're taking in the proper nutrition every day, every week, the number of meals a day doesn't really matter.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    I hardly ever snack.. because I teach and I have no time whats so ever to snack.

So I eat a big breakfast, a big lunch, workout and have a small dinner... and low and behold I lost 29 pounds doing it.

That whole eat 4-6 meals day advice is crap, and does nothing for metabolism.. as long as you get all your calories in, you'll be fine.
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    I switched to 3 sometimes 2 meals per day. I am much happier. I feel fuller. I hate eating breakfast. It irks me when people spread the myth that breakfast increases your metabolism. So silly.
  • tenunderfour
    tenunderfour Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Leigh Peele is an advocate of 2-3 meals a day too. Whatever works best for you so you don't over-eat.
  • debydeb57
    debydeb57 Posts: 53
    Options
    im finding it hard to eat three meals a day no matter how much i try... im just not hungry...i could be satisfied with just dinner.... but that has put my body into starvation mode.... but im just not hungry.... so if i get two meals in a day i feel full .....when i eat dinner im overstuffed ...at least my brain is telling me that.... i could in no way eat 6 small meals a day...
  • lisakyle_11
    lisakyle_11 Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    www.leangains.com

I just saved you $15.

^^^^^:drinker:

cheers! :drinker:
  • rlpalomino
    Options
    Everyone is different, but I have moved to a 4 meals (400 cal per meal) every 3-3.5 hours. Your just have to find what works for you.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    im finding it hard to eat three meals a day no matter how much i try... im just not hungry...i could be satisfied with just dinner.... but that has put my body into starvation mode.... but im just not hungry.... so if i get two meals in a day i feel full .....when i eat dinner im overstuffed ...at least my brain is telling me that.... i could in no way eat 6 small meals a day...
    Starvation mode ( I like conservation mode.better) happen after only 72 hours without food so you are OK eating just once
  • Jaloth
    Jaloth Posts: 28
    Options
    Just eat what you want within your calorie count and if you want something more then your calorie count go and exercise!! I have lost about 20 pounds doing this!!!!
  • SoxxEBeotch
    SoxxEBeotch Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I stick to 3 meals a day... I eat a snack in between breakfast and lunch, and one either between lunch and dinner or dinner and before bed. I just keep what my calorie goal is in the back of my mind, and check where I stand on mfp CONSTANTLY. If I feel hungry and I know I'm cutting it close to my calorie goal, I drink a bottle of water with Mio added and/or chew a sugar free piece of gum. The gum that tastes like desserts is only 5 calories and it lasts pretty long, too... :flowerforyou:
  • DesignGuy
    DesignGuy Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I do 3 meals and snacks. I tried 4-6 many times, but the problem for me was always have time on my mind. I couldn't focus on anything else because I was always looking at the clock and planning to make sure I did 4-6 right.

As it stands, I go back n forth between 3 and 4 meals spread out. If I'm going to have a big meal, I try to do it around noon or early afternoon.
  • ksimms
    ksimms Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I follow both the IF life and Lean Gains, have had great success. I feel I have more energy and don't have to have 6 meals prepped and ready to go. If it works for you go for it!