It's dinnertime but I'm not hungry

Options
I've only eaten 800 calories for the day so far (806 if you want to be technical), but only have a net of 6 calories because of my exercise. Before I get torn apart for only eating 800 calories this late in the day, I want to say that I didn't wake up until 11am, so the day was practically half over. But now it's dinnertime and I'm seriously not hungry.

So here's the question. Do I force myself to eat something? Or do I just let it be? I've been trying to eat more on a daily basis to at least net my TDEE of around 1500, but today got a super late start and I just haven't been feeling like eating. It also doesn't help that tomorrow's grocery day, so the house is empty of any of the things I would typically snack on. Help?

Replies

• saragato
    saragato Posts: 1,154
    Options
    Personally I wouldn't eat if you weren't hungry. It's better to have some sort of schedule when it comes to meal times because then you know when you will be hungry again, but when you sleep in or don't sleep or just generally mess with the pattern you can get thrown off and not eat as much (or more, depends on the person) and just end up with a bad day.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Personally, I wouldn't eat.. but thats me. I'm a firm believer in following what your body says.. and if it says, hey I'm not hungry.. then don't eat.

If you happen to get hungry later on, by all means eat.
  • debydeb57
    debydeb57 Posts: 53
    Options
    i have to eat even tho im not hungry....there are days where i go with only one meal a day and its usually dinner.... but i have done that for so many years that i am in starvation mode...and now im finding it difficult to get out of it.... im trying to eat more calories each day but i feel like i should be gaining weight.. i am at a plateau right now.... after loosing 12 lbs..... i just got to learn to eat more.... sigh
  • saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    THANK GOD! Someone here is going through the same thing! I rarely net 1000 a day. I'm eating 3 meals a day plus 2 small snacks inbetween and I'm hardly ever hungry during those snack times except when I am at work.

I eat when I'm hungry. If my stomach is growling, first I drink a glass of water, if my stomach is still growling I eat something.