Life is like a.....marathon.

Options
As I was on my long run today (finished 6.58 miles in 1 hour and 3 minutes, (training on for my half marathon)), it reminded me how this journey of weight loss and personal reflection is like a long run. At some points of the journey you want to quit because it seems so hard at times, and today I wanted to quit several times (it was 95 degrees when i ran this afternoon) but you know what i did, I looked up and found the furthest landmark i could see, I told myself, "do not stop til you get to that point," so i put my head down and took ONE STEP at a time, and you know what, it might have not been pretty, but i got there and when I did, i took a moment to celebrate that little victory, after that brief moment i looked up and found my next landmark to get to.
It is easier to get to a goal when you can see it in the distance and with your weight loss and consistency, you and your goals are getting closer to each other. Setting up those landmarks or goals that are visible are a great way to get to your landmarks or goals that are around the corner that you know are there, but cannot yet see.
So to all my friends, put your head down and grind it out, when you get to a visible goal or landmark, celebrate it for a brief moment to reflect on what you have done and move on to the next. Have a fabulous weekend everybody, I know i will.

Replies

• PHLLLY
    PHLLLY Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Well said man! I hate running! Haha maybe I'll just rollerblade to my next destination instead.
  • Cheval13
    Cheval13 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Well said indeed!
  • sk2775
    sk2775 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Nicely said :-)
  • NocturnalGirl
    NocturnalGirl Posts: 1,762
    Options
    Love it. Setting up mini goals along the way makes it seem more attainable and less intimidating :)
  • PercivalHackworth
    PercivalHackworth Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    Love it. Setting up mini goals along the way makes it seem more attainable and less intimidating :)

exactly :-)

Wise, as usual, my friend :-)
  • oliviajessica
    oliviajessica Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    This has to be one of my favorite post's yet. Love the analogy. JUST KEEP RUNNING.