Looking for support

Options
I'm finally getting more serious about my weight loss but I find it's hard to keep myself going when I don' have much support. I am a 31 year old married mom of a 19 (nearly 20) month old little girl. I'm from PA in USA. I have a log way to go with my weight loss.

Replies

• cirsty_x
    cirsty_x Posts: 6
    Options
    Firstly welcome! We are all in this together and eventually with the support of others you will be at your goal! :) I am 22 years and a heafty 202lbs which means i have a long way to go to lose weight but with the support i get from MFP and the people and motivation I am slowly getting there its great to keep track of your calories and exercise etc.
    Your welcome to add me as a friend as I need all the support I can get as im sure u need too. Together we can achieve our goal! :) x
  • sugarnspicere
    sugarnspicere Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the welcome! I believe that we can truly do it if we try. :)
  • sdarst
    sdarst Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi, I too am just starting out and want to be really serious this time. I am exercising and changing the way I think about food. But it is really hard. I am hungry ... I am used to stopping at drive thrus and I havent gone through one in a whole week. I wish you the best of luck and am here to support you.
  • _AllieCat_
    _AllieCat_ Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Hello!

I am on daily and am constantly giving support to my friends on here, as long as they are supportive of their friends in return.

I am 22 and currently 188lbs. I have a way to go! I've been on MFP for a little over 2 months and lost 7 lbs! Feel free to add me :)
  • jsedivy
    jsedivy Posts: 14
    Options
    I hear ya i have no support either but friends on here, i am married with 3 kids one autistic and im full time carer to wife, my struggles have been trying to plan meals for family forgetting about me, wel those days are over without me they have no-one so i have reduced their treats and spent on my healthy food, wow the complaints lol, i think the first step is to get food intake working for you and exercise burning that food, i walk one hour everyday and control my foods with treats like home made biscuits with reduced sugar bit bland but still a treat. i wish you gos luck and feel free to add me as friend

Jay
  • CelticDestiny
    CelticDestiny Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome! I'm a SAHM with a 3.5 yr old and a 21 mo old and am currently 24 weeks pregnant. At my heaviest weight I was 193lbs which was just after my second girl was born. I struggled with gestational diabetes during both pregnancies because of my weight. I'm trying to keep it at bay this time around but am struggling with making better food choices and getting the exercise in. I try to do cardio walking dvd's at home which I can do with my kiddos up. Sometimes they do them with me. :happy: This site has been a great help for me and I'm sure you will find it to be supportive too. I'd be glad to help you along your journey as well. :smile:
  • mrseholley
    mrseholley Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    yea for you... you didn't go to a drive thru all week... that's AWESOME! ! ! !
  • sugarnspicere
    sugarnspicere Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I am used to stopping at drive thrus and I havent gone through one in a whole week.

Great job! Keep up the good work! I hate drive thru personally. I tell everyone it's poison.