Stressing out and seem to have a bottomless stomach!

Options
Ok, so when I started MFP, it was just for me. I didn't plan on reading boards, making my diary public, or getting involved but here I am! LOL
I need help, anyone else get an insatiable appetite when stressed out or at that special woman time? I have very rarely been this hungry since making the change to be healthy but these last couple days I am really struggling. What can i do to stop thinking about food all the time?!?

Replies

• Swopkin
    Swopkin Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I know this sounds contradictory, but whenever I exercise I am not hungry. Perhaps take a walk when you are really hungry?
  • emilyhwithlove
    Options
    Did you know that you burn an extra 200-400 calories just by menstruating? That's why everyone gets so hungry during their time. Go ahead and have a little more food; it's okay. :)
  • jfaure23
    jfaure23 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I also think going for a walk or jog helps when I'm especially craving something. And then I don't feel so bad for having a bite of the naughty foods! (such as the entire chocolate easter bunny....yikes!) Keep your body busy, it definitely decreases appetite.
  • eodvarka
    eodvarka Posts: 30
    Options
    Drink a ton of water! Ever since I began attempting to drink 8 glasses a day, I am almost never hungry!
  • casslynn298
    Options
    Great info and advice!! And support! Thanks guys :) I'm glad I posted