I love that fast food makes me sick now

Options
Haha, just a random thought I had.

Fast food used to be a big problem for me. Before I moved back into the country I ate a lot of it, because it was right down the road and it was cheap. Now it's farther away so I eat home much more. I was still craving it and finally caved last week, but it made me feel so gross and sickly afterwards. I have not had a craving for any fast food since then and I'm loving that! The closest thing to fast food that i've been craving is Chipotle.

I consider this a NSV :bigsmile:

Replies

• Amberetta82
    Amberetta82 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I've noticed that happen too! I had frozen pizza and it just didn't sit well with my stomach at all. After not drinking any soda for a couple months I drank a coke and totally remembered why I stopped drinking it. I felt like total crap!!

Girl, I eat Chipotle on my kid free weekends and it doesn't mess with my stomach at all lol.
  • ceaton80
    ceaton80 Posts: 37
    Options
    I eat Chipolte once a week usually. As long as you eat right, its not bad for you really. Lots of protein! I eat the chicken burrito bowl, light cheese, no sour cream and I love it!!

Havent had McDonalds or anything like that for a few months now and have no desire.
  • HelloSweetie4
    HelloSweetie4 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    I have fallen in love with chipotle! And if you pick the right things its not bad for you... my trouble is I love sour cream and guacamole too much. lol
  • yesca192324
    Options
    I can't eat chipotle anymore :(! I used to crave and eat it almost like water. But, since my weightloss journey i've been really keen to tobasco sauce. (I consume tobasco sauce every morning) I've always wondered if the sodium content in chipotle was to high for my liking anymore. But, as far as fast foods i'm totally with you!!!! It makes me feel nasty to my stomach :-( I'm able now to sit in the car with whomever and watch them eat mcdonalds and other fast food places and not feel envious <3
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    samee
  • mariagabriella
    mariagabriella Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I've never been one for fast food, but it still makes me sick! I get sick after 25g of chocolate too ahhh.

I just remind myself that it makes me sick, which makes it easier to stay away from it or only have a little bit!
  • Maurice1966
    Maurice1966 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    That! is one NSV right there!
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options
    and here I was thinking about going to burger king for dinner.

congrats that it makes you feel good about yourself. genuinely a good thing. but fast food, like anything, isn't awful in moderation.
  • OSC_ESD
    OSC_ESD Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    ~ When you start to feel " nauseated at the very thought of " fast food " ... you have overcome a HUGE milestone !!! Congratulations ! And yes this is definitely an " NSV " moment !

After choosing to eat healthy for so long ... your body will begin to crave healthy fats ... and this is indeed a big success ... it puts you on the next level ... your journey is well on it's way my friend !

Again ... Congrats !
  • HelloSweetie4
    HelloSweetie4 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options

congrats that it makes you feel good about yourself. genuinely a good thing. but fast food, like anything, isn't awful in moderation.

Yeah, I know once in a while isn't going to kill me. But I was REALLY bad with it for a while and that's where I gained most of my weight from. So I'm happy that I've been able to cut it out almost completely.

Sorry if I ruined BK for you lol
  • AdiposeRapture
    Options
    Same!!! Processed and fast foods make me feel icky in general.
  • PinkiePie07
    PinkiePie07 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I miss Subway sometimes and Hardee's curly fries. I gave up the fries awhile back after one fell on the floor and my dog wouldn't even eat it. If it's that nasty that she doesn't want to put it in her body (and she eats EVERYTHING) then what the heck am I doing putting it into mine?
  • mbw2586
    mbw2586 Posts: 88
    Options
    Totally unrelated to the original topic, but since you're talking BK....anyone remember Dane Cook's BK Lounge?
    "And the pickleeesssss" haha.
  • hellosteph11
    Options
    Totally unrelated to the original topic, but since you're talking BK....anyone remember Dane Cook's BK Lounge?

LMFAO! I doo!!
  • tsh0ck
    Options

Yeah, I know once in a while isn't going to kill me. But I was REALLY bad with it for a while and that's where I gained most of my weight from. So I'm happy that I've been able to cut it out almost completely.

Sorry if I ruined BK for you lol

good work, then, indeed. definitely need to make sure you are smart about it.

and you didn't ruin it. ha! 3 chicken strips, value fries and a small handspun shake. the handspun shake there is an awesome treat, for only 200 calories. win!
  • pamperedhen
    pamperedhen Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    It makes me sick too! YUK!!! But I do love McDonald's FF's! Not anymore!:drinker:
  • CinJay
    CinJay Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Totally feel the same way!! Once I started eating better the "bad" stuff didn't taste so good anymore, and if I did eat it I'd feel rotten afterwards. I haven't had a BK Whopper (one of my old faves!) or McD's in at least 2 months and I'm not going to be going to either place any time soon :)

I would consider that a NSV if I were you too, well done!
  • mbw2586
    mbw2586 Posts: 88
    Options

LMFAO! I doo!!

So glad someone does and I wasn't looking like a weirdo! It made me bust out when I thought of it. :laugh:
  • AeolianHarp
    AeolianHarp Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    All you've done is created a negative association with specific foods and thus a physical response is created from a psychological place to fulfill your idea that somehow fast food is bad, which it isn't. This process is called taste aversion and it originally existed as an evolutionary mechanism but people are now getting in their head that somehow fast food is bad, so they become physically sick when eating it.
  • tsh0ck
    Options
    All you've done is created a negative association with specific foods and thus a physical response is created from a psychological place to fulfill your idea that somehow fast food is bad, which it isn't. This process is called taste aversion and it originally existed as an evolutionary mechanism but people are now getting in their head that somehow fast food is bad, so they become physically sick when eating it.

had the same thing with pineapple for a while. got deathly ill right after eating some. for years, the two things were associated and despite loving the stuff, I wouldn't touch it. thankfully, I realized this and now enjoy my favorite fruit once more.