Green Monster

Options
Chowder_17
Chowder_17 Posts: 141 Member
Thinking of making some green monster smoothies for my breakfast this coming week. Anyone have any good recipies? How about ones with protein?

Replies

• Chowder_17
    Chowder_17 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Anyone?
  • biged335
    biged335 Posts: 734
    Options
    never heard of it... What is it? I thought you were talking about Fenway Park..
  • NotParis
    NotParis Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    google "fat sick and nearly dead" they have some on there that is supposed to be really good for you! I am too chicken to try something like that, but good luck, worked great for the guys in the movie!
  • andream1976
    andream1976 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I found one that I like called a "Glowing green smoothie" I have no idea what the nutrition is, but I'm told that since it's good, clean ingredients the calorie count really doesn't matter. Ok, well, in any case, I have 1 a day. The recipe below will make 4, 8 ounce servings, and if you like, you can make 2 batches and pour out your smoothies for the week into large solo cups and freeze them. Just remember to thaw them out long before you want to drink them. And beware, they come out VERY GREEN!! LOL Found this on the website www.lindawagner.net

2 bananas
    1/2 cup mango (frozen)
    1/2 cup peaches (frozen)
    2-3 handfuls of spinach
    water
    ice

throw it all into blender and blend until smooth. You can add more ice if you want a smoother, more "smoothie" like texture, which I do. I can't always find frozen mangos by themselves, so I have bought the "tropical mix" which consists of strawberries, pineapples, and mangos. You really can add any fruit you want, just use the base of bananas and spinach. Hope you like it!
  • Carolstone1959
    Carolstone1959 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    When I want a "green" smoothie I use a base of my protein powder (Mercola's Miracle Whey-LOVE IT), water or nut milk, banana, a handful of frozen blueberries and a big handful of greens. Usually kale or spinach. You can look for recipes, there are tons on the internet, but I like to keep my smoothies informal. There's real freedom in figuring out you can use whatever you like or whatever you GOT!
  • Molly_Pitcher
    Molly_Pitcher Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    pineapple, banana, ice, fat free milk, green food coloring! I love spinach but I am not drinking it! ACK!
  • kennie2
    kennie2 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    any fruit
    any greens
    protein powder for the protein
    juice/water/almond milk
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    Bump x
  • peachNpunkin
    peachNpunkin Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
  • jvendramin
    jvendramin Posts: 15
    Options
    I know this post has been a while but I make one every morning.

Big handful of spinach
    half a cup fruit of the day (blueberries, strawberries, cherries, pineapple, etc)
    half a cup of whatever juice seems to complement the fruit
    half a cup of greek yogurt
    tbsp raw local honey
    a couple handfuls of ice

Mine are not the thickest thing in the world, but that's okay with me because they go through a straw easily. Usually 200-250 calories depending on fruit and juice type.