P90X Success Stories... any of you completed the program?

Options
I have several friends that have done this program and I know that it works...My question is... can someone that has NEVER worked out ( until the last 6 weeks) and is 38 years old...do this program?

My goal is to get fit-period! An I want it more than anything! Any successful stories would be GREATLY appreciated- especially if you are 35 or older... Thanks!

Replies

• Glucocorticoid
    Glucocorticoid Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    No, you shouldn't do it.
  • sthrnchick
    sthrnchick Posts: 771
    Options
    No, you shouldn't do it.

Again, you are so HELPFUL... and much too young to offer help... move along sweetheart...or get a hobby! Go be a jerk someplace else!
  • sthrnchick
    Options
    I need someone that has actually done the program and is similar in age to give recommendations... anyone? And Kenny 536.. you will be ignored from now on.
  • mariobadr
    mariobadr Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I'm not 38, but the workouts can be done even if you've never worked out before, you just might not get much out of them in the beginning. From what I understand, p90 is much more beginner friendly and should be done before p90x. Try that out.
  • sthrnchick
    Options
    I'm not 38, but the workouts can be done even if you've never worked out before, you just might not get much out of them in the beginning. From what I understand, p90 is much more beginner friendly and should be done before p90x. Try that out.

Thank you... I hadnt heard of P90. I will look into that one first... and still plan to one day complete the P90X. Thanks for the post!
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    I say go for it. I'm a beginner when it comes to lifting weights. I've never really done it before. And I'm doing just fine. I actually really enjoy it. I don't see why a beginner couldn't do P90X. You can modify body weight exercises (push ups and pull ups and stuff) and you use whichever size weights you feel comfortable using.

Good luck!!
  • sthrnchick
    Options
    I say go for it. I'm a beginner when it comes to lifting weights. I've never really done it before. And I'm doing just fine. I actually really enjoy it. I don't see why a beginner couldn't do P90X. You can modify body weight exercises (push ups and pull ups and stuff) and you use whichever size weights you feel comfortable using.

Good luck!!

Thank you! I just in the last few days started lifting weights instead of "jogging in place with 5lb weights"....
  • Glucocorticoid
    Options
    P90x is an idiotic and potentially dangerous program and you will be better served with a traditional resistance training routine.
  • Mlove1356
    Mlove1356 Posts: 15
    Options
    Google the p90x fit test for women. If you can pass then you are ready. I couldn't pass the men's fit test 5 months ago so I went with p90 instead and it got me ready for x. I'm now in my second week of p90x.
  • Glucocorticoid
    Options
    No, you shouldn't do it.

Again, you are so HELPFUL... and much too young to offer help... move along sweetheart...or get a hobby! Go be a jerk someplace else!

I answered the question that you asked and that's all. You're the one that needs to grow up.
  • SpecMySuit
    Options
    P90X was the first Beachbody program that I completed. 33 yrs old and had not exercised in nearly 10 years. You can definitely do this. Tony is very motivating (sometimes annoying but it makes you push yourself harder) and he will always have a person in the video doing a modified (low impact) version of all the moves incase you have bad knees etc. I say don't start with P90 and go for the X, just modify as needed and you will see amazing results. I started it at 260 pounds and finished at 218 with alot of lean muscle gain. It gave me the confidence to complete 2 rounds of Insanity and now I am 4 days away from completing Insanity The Asylum. You can do it! Here are my Day 1 and Day 90 pics.

Day 1
    Day1-3Small.jpg
    Day 90
    Day90-1Small.jpg
  • ngarrett75
    ngarrett75 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I'm 36 now; did p90x last yr at 35. Knowing beforehand how rough it was, I "trained" and got in shape for it prior to starting, and Thk god I did. All I did was start running 3-5 times weekly approx 1-2 mo before starting p90x. Don't know that I could've completed it otherwise.
  • sthrnchick
    Options
    P90X was the first Beachbody program that I completed. 33 yrs old and had not exercised in nearly 10 years. You can definitely do this. Tony is very motivating (sometimes annoying but it makes you push yourself harder) and he will always have a person in the video doing a modified (low impact) version of all the moves incase you have bad knees etc. I say don't start with P90 and go for the X, just modify as needed and you will see amazing results. I started it at 260 pounds and finished at 218 with alot of lean muscle gain. It gave me the confidence to complete 2 rounds of Insanity and now I am 4 days away from completing Insanity The Asylum. You can do it! Here are my Day 1 and Day 90 pics.

Day 1
    Day1-3Small.jpg
    Day 90
    Day90-1Small.jpg
    Awesome results!
  • Mlove1356
    Mlove1356 Posts: 15
    Options
    Good job Spec! Did you follow the nutrition plan too? All that protein has been tough for me and I miss my carbs damnit.
  • SpecMySuit
    Options
    Unfortunately I was unable to follow the nutrition plan due to finances and living situation, shared food fund with roommates.
  • decy63
    decy63 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Maybe the 30 day shred would be more realistic for someone who is just starting out.
  • flutterbye
    Options
    I am 36 and doing if now. It is definitely doable. If you want support or a workout buddy, let me know. Having My teenage daughter working out with me some days gives me an extra push too!
    Let us know what you decide
  • hbehrle
    hbehrle Posts: 13
    Options
    I say go for it! My friend and I worked out to the videos, but didn't follow the program the way they say to. I am 38,and my friend is 34. We always felt like we were getting a good workout. At first we weren't able to complete full sets, or do some of the exercises without modifying them, but it didn't take long and we were doing them! We did notice results even without following the program. Just start out slow and do what you can. Tony tells you this in the videos as well. Good luck!