Brand New...

Options
blali
blali Posts: 1 Member
Hi all,
So I am a fairly active (3-4 miles running 3-4 times a week) . I am at my wits end in dealing with the slowing of my metabolism..grrrr. So I have started this program, hoping that it will keep/get me on track. But don't you know I am already struggling with getting in all my calories (been at this for less then a week). I am supposed to get 1200 cal a day plus the 400 cal I burn in my workouts...today I ended the day with a 500 cal deficit:( Not sure how can I can change this other then sucking down a candy bar or two!!). Any ideas for quick easy and fairly healthy end of the day calories would be appreciated! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• mommafarr
    Options
    I wish I had that problem! Mine is different, I struggle to get enough excercise- have fibromyalgia that can sure limit my mobility. slowing metabolism doesnt' help either :). do you drink smoothies? they might give you added calciium, protein and calories in a tasty way.
  • Eranajb
    Eranajb Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I hear you, I used to be a regular gym bunny, but kids and major depression changed that very quickly. I have had an overactive thyroid due to postnatal depression in 03 and now I have an underactive thyroid, boy it is frustrating.
    You are way more active than me, but the metabolism slowing down really ruins your appetite huh?
    I don't think you'd go wrong with protein shakes, no reason to eat bad food. Hope you get a handle on it soon!
  • TeddyBear47
    TeddyBear47 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Any kind of nuts, peanut butter, granola bars, late night bowl of cereal